Fall Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp

Check in is on Sunday with practice starting on Monday. Hope the heat is down a ways before then. Looking forward to any reports that anyone can come up with during camp.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Fall Camp

anyone wanna go watch practice daily from about 1 to about 2:30 or so? i got free time before work. and wefest is this weekend i know of a few players going out there to party one last time before camp.

Comment

We have a few of the football players working at Dak this summer. I was thinking it was about time for their last day. Pretty good kids.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
        anyone wanna go watch practice daily from about 1 to about 2:30 or so? i got free time before work.
        Let me check with the boss. If I leave SF on my lunch I should be able to get back just in time to see if anyone got in trouble while I was gone.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

We should do something like this at the end of camp.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...ange_well_id=2
          "The open workouts conclude with a scrimmage at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium at 9 a.m. on Sat., Aug. 19. That day also is Texas' Annual Fan Appreciation Day presented by Wendy's. Following a break for lunch, the UT squad will be available for autographs beginning at 11:30 a.m."

have a meal sponsored by a local food place and let the fans get to know the team and stuff after a scrimmage.

By the way the new scoreboard in Texas is looking like its almost done.  

Comment

Does anyone know if there will be any radio broadcast from media day today? I know in the past there has been some discussion with Coach Stig about the team and upcoming season.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
              Does anyone know if there will be any radio broadcast from media day today?  I know in the past there has been some discussion with Coach Stig about the team and upcoming season.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!

Football Fan -  
              Any early reports from the inside of fall camp?

I heard that Antonio Thompson was impressive in his agility testing and weight lifting, leaving good first impressions with the group.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Today was the first day with pads..... Heard that all the DL and incoming DL passed there strength and agility test. Was reported that Coach Sarvis recruited a bunch of excellent athletes for the D-Line. They will be impressive as they mature

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

When the Great West Football Conference formed, many thought it was a random collection of teams thrown together with no other place to call home.

But South Dakota State and their counterparts are proving they aren't quite the cupcakes everyone thought.

The Jacks' schedule has only four home games on the 11-game slate. And, they play seven preseason top-25 squads.

A tough schedule is nothing new to SDSU. They played five preseason top 25 schools in 2005, and still managed their 6-5 record.

"We beat the top teams every year, but it's just tough. People might think there's a fall-off after North Dakota State," said senior running back Anthony Watson. "We know we're better than 4 out of 5. That's just how tough the conference is."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...48/1002/SPORTS

Starting QB job Kardoes' to lose

Chris Solari
                    csolari@argusleader.com
                    August 10, 2006

BROOKINGS - Andy Kardoes' glut of injuries proved to be Ryan Berry's ticket to the South Dakota State's starting quarterback job a year ago.

With Kardoes feeling healthy after ankle, knee and back problems, the senior will resume the No. 1 role. But Watertown native Berry doesn't plan to become a spectator so easily.

"I want to be the No. 1 guy, but I can't control who they're going to go with," Berry said Wednesday at the Jackrabbits' media day at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. "I can only control what I do, so I'm just going to make sure I'm ready to play every week.

"If I'm not the guy, I'm not the guy. But if Andy's the guy, I'm going to be behind him 100 percent."

Berry, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound sophomore, played in eight games as a redshirt freshman and started against Georgia Southern and Southern Utah when Kardoes was out with injuries. The former All-ESD quarterback threw for 711 yards, seven TDs and seven interceptions as the Jackrabbits finished the season 6-5 and 3-2 in the Great West Football Conference.

"You just can't create that (experience) in practice or in a film room," SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said. "One of the things about Ryan that allowed that to happen with such ease is that he is so mature. He played so many big games in high school as a young man that he was seasoned when he got here." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

lil birdies have said there have been some injuries so far in camp. hopefully nothing to serious, wags said he was a lil banged up after the first week. nothing serious but still banged up.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        lil birdies have said there have been some injuries so far in camp. hopefully nothing to serious, wags said he was a lil banged up after the first week. nothing serious but still banged up.
                        Well, you got a hundred young gentlemen flying around a football field and occasionally banging into one another for a week . . . some injuries would be expected, yes?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My sources told me the sun was going to shine during practice today  
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Just a fun note from camp...... All the D-Lineman shaved there heads to show they are committed to each other and are all striving for the same goal together. Hopefully they will play like that this year and have a great season.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone go to or hear how the scrimmage went over the weekend. Just hungry for info about the upcoming season. Already planning my tailgating menu......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X