Montana at Iowa on ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana at Iowa on ESPNU

Next week's opponents for the Jacks can be found on the ESPNU channel playing 16th-ranked Iowa in Iowa City.

End of first quarter, 7-0 Iowa . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Montana at Iowa on ESPNU

Montana is hanging in there at Iowa . . .

Iowa leads 17-7 with 6:44 remaining in the 3rd quarter after Montana scores a touchdown.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Iowa starting to wear the Griz down now . . . 31-7, 14:26 to go in the 4th quarter.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

41-7 final Hawkeyes over Grizzlies.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Actually, final score was 41 - 7 + $600,000. As long as no injuries, that wasn't a bad day for the Griz.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            41-7 final Hawkeyes over Grizzlies.
            Iowa played a pretty vanilla game, didn't blitz once, played simple coverage and didn't attempt to disguise anything. And the Hawks left most of their offense in the playbook. That's typical Kirk Ferentz strategy early in the year.

Montana is solid as always, has a good quarterback, and a great wide receiver (Allen), but it's hard to draw any real conclusions from that game. I suppose one could say Montana has a better run defense than pass defense (Tate three three TDs) but who knows. No doubt Montana will be incredibly tough at home next week.

One thing I think I can say for certain, having watched last year's Hawkeye opener against Ball State... Montana is better than Ball State. I look for NDSU to give Ball State all they can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
              [quote author=filbert link=1157215053/0#3 date=1157223819]41-7 final Hawkeyes over Grizzlies.
              Iowa played a pretty vanilla game, didn't blitz once, played simple coverage and didn't attempt to disguise anything. And the Hawks left most of their offense in the playbook. That's typical Kirk Ferentz strategy early in the year.

Montana is solid as always, has a good quarterback, and a great wide receiver (Allen), but it's hard to draw any real conclusions from that game. I suppose one could say Montana has a better run defense than pass defense (Tate three three TDs) but who knows. No doubt Montana will be incredibly tough at home next week.

One thing I think I can say for certain, having watched last year's Hawkeye opener against Ball State... Montana is better than Ball State. I look for NDSU to give Ball State all they can handle.[/quote]

Can't draw too much from the game except to say the Iowa was a lot better than Montana today. Not much of a ground game for Montana but that is against a good Iowa run defense. Opening the year at Kinnick isn't easy for any team, much less a team at a scholarship disadvantage.

As for next week, that should be one hell of a battle. Looking forward to watching the game.

Lastly, I think NDSU can take one from Ball State. I give them a 50/50 shot and think they would win in Fargo.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was hoping it would have been closer. I'd have rather had Montana riding a high when we came to town. As it is, they're probably going to be a bit crabby.

Comment

Working...
                X