What's with Watson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with Watson?

It appeared that Anthony Watson was on the sideline Saturday night but not dressed to play. What's the story with him? Excuse me if I missed a previous explanation.
    This space for lease.

Re: What's with Watson?

Out for academic reasons. He isn't expected back for a couple weeks, from what I understood.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
      Out for academic reasons.  He isn't expected back for a couple weeks, from what I understood.
      I thought I heard a one game suspension on the radio last night...which means he should be back next week?
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

He was given time off in fall camp to finish up a class. It was a mutual decision between him and the staff to sit out. Dont practice, Dont play.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
          [quote author=gojacksgo link=1157338592/0#1 date=1157338833]Out for academic reasons.  He isn't expected back for a couple weeks, from what I understood.
          I thought I heard a one game suspension on the radio last night...which means he should be back next week?[/quote]

I hope its only one week because we need him back in the lineup.  I like Koenig, he is a tough runner, but Watson would have turned that 41 yard run into a touchdown and we escape with a narrow win in place of an embarrassing loss.  

Comment

I would agree it would be great to have Anthony back for the Montana game. I suspect we have plays designed each back and that would make the running game more flexible. It depends on what the Montana D gives us and where we can dominate in the O line.

Getting back to the LaCrosse game, the monday edition of The Brookings Register was delivered in the AM instead of the traditional PM. Koenig said in the Register article that he saw all kinds of holes, but he also said with the field condition he could not make a cut. I fear Anthony or any other running back would have had the same problem.  From Koenig's perspective our O line was doing their job, and that is also evident that Kardoes had plenty of time on his passes as did Berry.

I feel the Jacks will be a different team on a dry field. I not saying it was the reason we lost, but it made the running game very difficult to establish and in a way that is the heart of our offense.

Also the LaCrosse coach said the difference between last years game and this years game was that LaCrosse did not give up big plays. The article also states that LaCrosse with their experience QB an WR  picked our middle linebackers to pieces. This is what I saw at the game and it sums it.

I think we still have 10 more games to plays. No need give this early.

Comment

Working...
            X