Montana, Who is Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana, Who is Going?

A friend, his dad and myself are head for SDSU game at U of Montana.  Are tentative plans are Wednesday and Thursday in Bozeman.  Driving up to Missoula on Friday and starting to drive back after the game.  

I am looking for some ideas in Bozeman and Missoula.  Where to stay and what to do.  Where are other Jacks fans staying?  Griz and Bobcat fans please give your suggestions as well.  Where are the hots spots, restuarants, golf courses, hiking, any tourist attractions, etc.  I am going to call for hotels early this week and can post if anyone was wondering as well.  

Thanks to all for the help.  I can't wait for the game.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: Montana, Who is Going?

I'm still thinking about making a one day trip from the Black Hills. It looks like it's about a 9 hour drive from here. That means I'd have to leave at 4 am to get there by 1 pm. And if I left Missoula at 6 pm I'd get home around 3 or 4 am .....maybe I won't be making that trip :'(.

Comment

We stayed at the Doubletree last year and will be there again this year. Great location. Across the river from campus and the stadium. Walking distance to downtown. Red's Bar (I think it was) treated us right last year.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I was in Missoula 13 years ago when we played, and it seemed like a great place then. Plenty of motels and restaurants then, I can imagine it even better now. Those who are going will enjoy your trip. I dont know how many out of towners Griz fans come for the 23,000 plus attendence for each home game. I remember they used to have a Great Falls day, Billings day and Helena Day to build their follwing amongst the state. Apparently that must have worked some with their continuous sellouts. I might be wise to get those reservations set up.

Comment

Was planning to fly out there but schedule won't allow. That means I will miss the first 2 games this year. I should be at the UNI game. I would love to be in Montana when we beat the Griz.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Missoula info....

I lived there for five years and here are some of the places close to Washington-Grizzly Stadium.
            Bars:
            A couple of bars that are going to be very busy pre and post game are: Press box(Ground Zero), Rhino, Top Hat(blues-live music), Union Club, Red's, Missoula Club(good greezy burgers), and the Iron Horse to mame(name) a few.
            Hotel/motel:
            CVB link that gives some choices, not just rooms by the hour is below this. Holiday inn riverside is close to the walking(stumbling)bridge to the university. Doubletree is close also. Campus inn is near, Days inn University is good too. http://www.missoulacvb.org/placestostay.php

Eats:
            Some of the above, and if you like Prime Rib or Fish, the Depot Blackened Prime (large=26 ozs 29.00) is the best Prime I have ever had. Perugia's (Mediterranean), Fiesta En Jalisco(guess), Sawadee(Best Thai Deli in Montana, no it is really good).

Anyhoo, this is a good start.....been gone for two and half years, but when I left these were some of the best.

Going up early for some fly fishing and some grouse hunting then the game.
            im me if you want to go get a beer before or after the game.....sitting with the boys in the North End Zone for as long as I can handle all the BS.
            “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am going to Missoula with D-Town. I have confirmed for three of us going to the alumni tailgating event for alumni before the game. Info follows. Hopefully we will see some of you there.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/AlumniFounda...mp;PassID=7145

Comment

If you can get a room the Double Tree would be the best place. Just across from the campus. Easy walk to downtown and all the night life.

If you are going to take some time for golf Phantom Hills is a great course, or catch Old Works on the way back to Bozeman at Anaconda. Old Works is an excellent course. http://www.oldworks.org/

Comment

Really wanted to go but will have to be in the future now due to unexpected circumstances. Hopefully a trip to UNI is still in order.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I am not letting the SDSU loss to UWL get me down. I still believe we have a competitive team and will perform up to our (perceived) potential. Hopefully Today (Sunday) in practice and it carries throughout the season. We are staying Friday night at the Days Inn University. They are letting us leave our car in the lot for the game. We only have to walk five blocks (as told by Days Inn Staff).

Another question for travelers to Montana from SD, Is it better to take I-90 all the way or is it better (shorter) to take Highway 212 at Belle Fourche up and running into I-90 again before Billings, MT. Are plans are to be in Missoula early Friday and checking in We are going to walk around campus and most likely downtown area. Where is the host spot to mingle with some Griz fans and Jack on Friday night.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I usually take the cutoff at Whitewood, through St. Onge, then Belle, and then 212 nw through the reservation. It cuts off about 60 milesish. Can't say what kind of construction there is up there, seems they usually have something tore up along the way.
                      In regards to the where to go Friday night question: the Press Box(true sports bar), Iron Horse, Red's, the Rhino, etc.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                      X