The sun did manage to rise today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sun did manage to rise today

It's a beautiful, cloud-free, sunny Sunday morning here in Kansas City.

I see it's still rainy and cloudy up in Brookings, but Jacks fans need to know the sun did in fact come up this morning. Time to pick ourselves up and move on. There's a lot of football yet to be played, against some of the best that the D-I Championship Subdivision has to offer.

So with a final tip of the hat to Wisconsin-La Crosse, we start getting ready for the Montana Grizzlies.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: The sun did manage to rise today

Originally posted by filbert
    It's a beautiful, cloud-free, sunny Sunday morning here in Kansas City.

I see it's still rainy and cloudy up in Brookings, but Jacks fans need to know the sun did in fact come up this morning. Time to pick ourselves up and move on. There's a lot of football yet to be played, against some of the best that the D-I Championship Subdivision has to offer.

So with a final tip of the hat to Wisconsin-La Crosse, we start getting ready for the Montana Grizzlies.
    A couple of thoughts here... (my four cents, as it were)

1) We probably needed this loss. If anything, to prove that any team can beat any other team on any given day. Now nine times out of ten, we would have creamed UWL, but they got the one time. It sucks, but it also sends a message that we should NEVER overlook anyone! Remember Princeton-UCLA back in 1995? So now our focus will be sharper, the boys will remember this, and God help UWL if they ever come back to play at Coughlin!

2) Whenever something really crappy happens to me, I give myself a maximum of 24 hours to wallow in my own pity and self-loathing. After that, the pity-party is over and I move on. It's 12:51... feel bad for a few more hours. Then, we get back to work rooting on the Jacks and getting back to poking at the stupidity of the Mav Fools!

Buck up, fellow Jackrabbits! ;D Like Filbert says, the sun did come up today!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Um... yeah. It has been 16 hours since the worst football loss anyone can remember. It's going to take me more than a day to get over this one.

Comment

BTW, I'm fairly certain that LaCrosse has beaten the Jacks at Coughlin in the past - 75-85 period.

Within DIII, the WISC conference is typically fairly dominant. As stated elsewhere, here's hoping that Lacrosse soars to the DIII championship so that this loss looks better in hind-sight.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
          BTW, I'm fairly certain that LaCrosse has beaten the Jacks at Coughlin in the past - 75-85 period.
          Nope. According to the media guide, we were 1-0 against La Crosse at Coughlin. Page 81. Looks like they beat us in 1952, though (page 68).

Comment

I feel better today than I did after yesterday's game. But it will take a long time to get over this loss. I have been going to jack games for a long time and can't remember a more devastating loss. Just about wanted to cry after the game. What a high earlier this week when we got into the mid cont conference and now this low. I didn't think we could go lower than our bb losses to morningside and sw state but this may be it. Bitter pill to swallow but hopefully better days are ahead soon.

Comment

The game program, The Bum, stated the schools had previously met 4 times with SDSU winning 3.  La Crosse's one win was in 1952, a 13-6 victory.

In retrospect, I think only one outcome could have been worse: they could have taken us to the wire and then beat us in a real close one.  

Last night's game was a breakdown in nearly all aspects of the game (exceptions: Bainbridge and Douglas did their jobs as they always do).  It's like our team didn't show up.  That's fixable.  We can show up.

Comment

It's too bad the horrible play has caused us to fail to mention that SDSU picked up $6 million in donations from the cereal grain producers and their organizations. It was a huge night for fundraising and support of academic programs and research.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
                  I feel better today than I did after yesterday's game.  But it will take a long time to get over this loss.  I have been going to jack games for a long time and can't remember a more devastating loss.  Just about wanted to cry after the game.  What a high earlier this week when we got into the mid cont conference and now this low.  I didn't think we could go lower than our bb losses to morningside and sw state but this may be it.  Bitter pill to swallow but hopefully better days are ahead soon.
                  My thoughts exactly, although I would call this a much tougher loss than the basketball losses. How a football team with a 50 scholarship advantage over their opponent can be totally manhandled on their home turf has me completely dumbfounded.

Comment

Philbert, I gotta ask... what the heck is a GLOBAL MODERATOR?
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

We moderate the world, baby! 8-)

Actually it's just a class of user in our board software that lets moderator-types do a few more moderator-type things than a little ol' board moderator can.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        We moderate the world, baby! 8-)

Actually it's just a class of user in our board software that lets moderator-types do a few more moderator-type things than a little ol' board moderator can.
                        Hey, Global Moderator, why don't you see if you can do something about that mess in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
                          [quote author=filbert link=1157299829/0#10 date=1157418765]We moderate the world, baby! 8-)

Hey, Global Moderator, why don't you see if you can do something about that mess in the Middle East.[/quote]

Different software, and I don't have the passwords for it anyway.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
                            [quote author=filbert link=1157299829/0#10 date=1157418765]We moderate the world, baby!   8-)

Hey, Global Moderator, why don't you see if you can do something about that mess in the Middle East.[/quote]

You didn't have anything to do with this, did you??

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...47&page=23

Comment

Whomever did this is an immature, stupid little person who obviously can't express his or her feelings in a mature, intellegent manner.

I feel sorry for this person, but I also feel like hurling a rock at them. What a LOSER!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X