Montana Game on UTV which is UPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Game on UTV which is UPN

I think the previous post for UTV is in error.  The game would be on UPN which is a CBS/Viacom owned station carried by most local cable providers.  Sounds like it will no longer exist after Sept 16th when it becomes CW (all per wikpedia).

UTV is a station out of Ireland, not available here. (again per wikpedia)
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Montana Game on UPN

UTV are the call letters for the local (Sioux Falls) channel for the UPN network. (I guess the non-duplication agreement is not international in application). I think it is just cable so it is not restricted to the usual four letters starting with K west of the Mississippi and W east. See below

http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/...1&nspred=1

Comment

Re: Montana Game on UPN

Originally posted by Rabbit74
      UTV are the call letters for the local (Sioux Falls) channel for the UPN network.  (I guess the non-duplication agreement is not international in application). I think it is just cable so it is not restricted to the usual four letters starting with K west of the Mississippi and W east.  See below

http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/...1&nspred=1

Ahhh, clarity for a potentially confusing situation. So, for now, I am prepared to watch the Jackrabbits play Montana on my local UPN channel on Sept 9th. If anything changes please keep me informed.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: Montana Game on UTV which is UPN

Actually, UTV will no longer be a UPN affiliate this month. KWSD is now the CW affiliate, while UTV will be an affiliate of MyNetwork TV.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

For all you West River Jackrabbits I called KCPO today and asked if they were showing the game this weekend. They hadn't heard anything about it. I told them that it was going to be on TV on the east side of the state and he asked who was showing it. I told him UPN/UTV was. His reposne was, "you're kidding, I hadn't heard anything about it. I will call SDSU tomorrow and see if we can get the rights to it."

I don't know how all of this works but hopefully the game will be shown out west as well. The guy will call me back tomorrow and let me know. If I don't hear from him by 5:00, I'll give him a call back.

Comment

Interestingly enough, one of the few cities in eastern South Dakota where UTV is unavailable is... Brookings. Here's their Web site where you can find out all the places where you CAN get UTV... (you can get it in Bath, for heaven's sakes):

http://www.utv4u.com/FindYourChannel/

Mediacom has to be the worst cable company on the planet. They wouldn't add ESPNU despite the protest of pretty much everybody in Iowa (the Iowa-Montana game was on ESPNU, the only game Iowa fans can't see all year). And now no Jacks in Brookings. Nice.

Comment

Does anyone know if Cubby's will be carrying it?

Comment

According to this, http://ww1.titantv.com/quickguide/quickguide.aspx, it will be shown in Brookings. Does Brookings have more than one cable provider? This is the channel guide for just "digital broadcast" cable. It does not show the game on MediaCom digital cable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                  For all you West River Jackrabbits I called KCPO today and asked if they were showing the game this weekend.  They hadn't heard anything about it.  I told them that it was going to be on TV on the east side of the state and he asked who was showing it.  I told him UPN/UTV was.  His reposne was, "you're kidding, I hadn't heard anything about it.  I will call SDSU tomorrow and see if we can get the rights to it."

I don't know how all of this works but hopefully the game will be shown out west as well.  The guy will call me back tomorrow and let me know.  If I don't hear from him by 5:00, I'll give him a call back.
                  Update:

I haven't been having much luck with the folks at KCPO lately. I've called every day this week and can't get any answers. Whomever I talk to has no idea what I'm talking about and can't do anything but take a message for someone who can give me answers. I've left messages for someone who knows what's going on to call me back but, so far, they haven't. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens....

Comment

If all else fails you can watch it on your comp.

http://www.gojacks.com/

Jacks travel to Montana

The Jackrabbit football team opens a four-game stretch against ranked opponents this Saturday, when it travels to Montana.

Kickoff against the Grizzlies, who are ranked sixth in The Sports Network Top 25 this week, is set for 1:05 p.m. Mountain Time (2:05 p.m. Central) at Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula.

Saturday’s game is scheduled to be televised on Sioux Falls-based UTV, as well as by KPAX-TV in Missoula. Coverage begins at 2 p.m. Central (1 p.m. Mountain). In addition, fans can access the game free of charge via bigskytv.org.

Go State!

Comment

Is anyone setting anything up to watch the game in Pierre this weekend. I happen to be here and was wondering if any Jackrabbit fans are going to meet anywhere to watch the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X