UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI

Who is going to this game and does anyone know where you tailgate at the UNI Dome?  Mrs. 89 and myself will be making the trek from Kansas City and are looking forward to seeing others in Yellow and Blue.

Go State!  

Re: UNI

I'll be there......only a 90 mile drive. I hope to get some tailgating in before the game. Was looking over on the UNI football board, there seems to be alot of controversy there also after there loss to UND. www.panthernation.com I am looking for a break out game for the Jacks...

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      Who is going to this game and does anyone know where you tailgate at the UNI Dome?  Mrs. 89 and myself will be making the trek from Kansas City and are looking forward to seeing others in Yellow and Blue.

Go State!  
      89: As a Global Moderator, you can simply decree where the tailgating will take place.

Comment

I intend to be there but its ultimately not my decision. The Mrs. will have the final say. With 3 kids under 5 she makes the call. I am currently in the process of negotiation and odds are in my favor. I need something to "seal the deal", any ideas?

Where are those planning to attend staying? It would be nice to have a few Jack's fans together. Will the team travel Friday night or Saturday? Hope to see some of you there.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          I intend to be there but its ultimately not my decision.  The Mrs. will have the final say.  With 3 kids under 5 she makes the call.  I am currently in the process of negotiation and odds are in my favor.  I need something to "seal the deal", any ideas?

Where are those planning to attend staying?  It would be nice to have a few Jack's fans together.  Will the team travel Friday night or Saturday?  Hope to see some of you there.
          Grandparents (Babysitter) + Diamonds + Massage gift certifcate + Vacectomy :'( = tailgating at UNI ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
            Grandparents (Babysitter) + Diamonds + Massage gift certifcate + Vacectomy :'( = tailgating at UNI ;D
            I've already got the GP's pegged for the weekend of the 1st and 21st of October (hunting). Diamonds are a good idea, she needs some earrings. She just filled the OCP script and its only good for 3 months, I felt a twinge in my groin when I saw that!! >

I'm still trying to talk her into one more. I keep taking weekends for hunting, fishing and the Jacks, that will never happen.

We do have friends in Ames and their twins are being born Thursday so I have that going for me. We could stay in Ames, see the twins, shoot over to Cedar Falls and have a place to crash Saturday night. Odds are good that I will be there.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Go State!  
              Hey 89,

I don't know if I would want to be playing UNI this week in the UNIDome after the egg they laid last week.   They'll liable to be pretty angry fellas looking to take it out on someone.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72
                [quote author=89rabbit link=1157993275/0#0 date=1157993275]Who is going to this game and does anyone know where you tailgate at the UNI Dome?  Mrs. 89 and myself will be making the trek from Kansas City and are looking forward to seeing others in Yellow and Blue.

Go State!  
                Hey 89,

I don't know if I would want to be playing UNI this week in the UNIDome after the egg they laid last week.   They'll liable to be pretty angry fellas looking to take it out on someone.

Doc[/quote]

Luckily for UNI, we seem to be just what the doctor ordered in these situations. I hope I'm proven wrong this week. Starts with a little offensive consistency so the defense isn't on the field the entire game. Our D may be young, but even the best defense can't be on the field the entire game and expect to have success. Especially when the other team constantly has great starting field position. If our "vaunted" running attack can be woken up for this game, perhaps we'll keep this one close and even steal a win at UNI. The games in which we had success last year, we played conservative, held the ball with the running game and hoped for a break somewhere along the way. That's how underdogs win games. The only way that works is if our running game somehow appears.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

One good note is that Stig is pretty tight with UND's head coach. I believe they were together on the staff at Northern together. I am sure they have talked a bit this week.

Comment

[quote author=89rabbit link=1157993275/0#0 date=1157993275]Who is going to this game and does anyone know where you tailgate at the UNI Dome?  Mrs. 89 and myself will be making the trek from Kansas City and are looking forward to seeing others in Yellow and Blue.

Go State!  
                    Hey 89,

Doc[/quote]

Hey Doc,

I dunno if I would want to be playing SDSU this week in the UNIDome after the egg they laid last week. They'll liable to be pretty angry fellas looking to take it out on someone.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much about UNI, they obviously don't have any defense, just what the Jacks need ;D

Comment

Originally posted by elkmcc
                        [quote author=McNeese72 link=1157993275/0#6 date=1158071935][quote author=89rabbit link=1157993275/0#0 date=1157993275]Who is going to this game and does anyone know where you tailgate at the UNI Dome?  Mrs. 89 and myself will be making the trek from Kansas City and are looking forward to seeing others in Yellow and Blue.

Go State!  
                        Hey 89,

Doc[/quote]

Hey Doc,

I dunno if I would want to be playing SDSU this week in the UNIDome after the egg they laid last week.  They'll liable to be pretty angry fellas looking to take it out on someone. [/quote]

LOL! We don't know much about North Dakota down here, Elk, so I'll admit the UNI-North Dakota score was unexpected and a shocker. Also, the Montana margin of victory over South Dakota St. was little more than I expected.

I'll be watching the South Dakota St. scores the next two weeks. I'm stil trying to figure out how good they are. Of course, after playing South Florida, then West Virginia Tech (who?), and then Toledo in two weeks, I don't know if we will be able to tell how good we are in the grand scheme of I-AA by the time South Dakota St. comes to town. If we, at least, give Toledo a good game, I'll feel a little better about us.

Doc

Is it ice fishing season, yet??? We are having unusually cool weather down here. It's in the low 90's.

Comment

I just hope UNI's defense isn't as tough as UWL. Even though we lost to Montana, at least we were finally able to move the ball somewhat and even scored a TD. Then again, aside from Cal Poly, I'm not sure we'll face another Defense as tough as UWL. From what I heard, they were tenacious.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

10 min to kickoff, Jacks need a good start as I don't think this years team will be able to come from behind against these high caliber teams.

Comment

Is it ice fishing season, yet???    We are having unusually cool weather down here.   It's in the low 90's.
                              Doc: The ice doesn't start biting until December.

Comment

Working...
                              X