NDSU beats Ball State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU beats Ball State

Nice game for the Bison. They get the big gaurantee check and the win as they beat Ball State 29-24. Came back from being down 8 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Ball State had negative rushing yards until the 4th quarter.

Re: NDSU beats Ball State

Watched the game and outside of a few big plays on offense for ball state NDSU dominated the O and D lines. Was a fun game to watch.

Comment

Good for the Bison to have a victory over a 1-A team on their belt even though Ball State is pretty mediocre. The Gophers better not overlook this game or they could get embarassed next month.

Comment

Bison only gave up 14 yards all game!!

Huge win, and yes I got both 'SU games right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
          Bison only gave up 14 yards all game!!

Huge win, and yes I got both 'SU games right!!!
          14 yards rushing that is. I think we gave up 300+ passing. But we had almost 500 ourselves. What a shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
            Good for the Bison to have a victory over a 1-A team on their belt even though Ball State is pretty mediocre. The Gophers better not overlook this game or they could get embarassed next month.

Yeah, not that it means much, but it looks like Ball State and Minnesota put up about the same fight against Purdue (both games at West Lafayette)-

9/16
            Purdue- 38
            Ball State-28

9/23
            Purdue-27
            Minnesota- 21

Comment

Wow. ND football is impressive right now. UND is making a strong case for being the best team in DII, and NDSU is doing likewise in I-AA. Is NDSU eligible for I-AA playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by 02stater
                Wow. ND football is impressive right now. UND is making a strong case for being the best team in DII, and NDSU is doing likewise in I-AA. Is NDSU eligible for I-AA playoffs?
                NDSU will not be playoff-eligible until the 2008 season, like SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                  [quote author=02stater link=1159061225/0#6 date=1159071838]Wow. ND football is impressive right now. UND is making a strong case for being the best team in DII, and NDSU is doing likewise in I-AA. Is NDSU eligible for I-AA playoffs?
                  NDSU will not be playoff-eligible until the 2008 season, like SDSU.[/quote]

Too bad. Good team.

Comment

Since we're supposed to be forming some sort of rivalry with those NoDaks, I'll step out of line here and say I hope to goodness our team can find some strange way to surprise the NoDaks in their house this year. And if we can't, hopefully a few other teams can. I just went up to their board and these people are talking bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                      Since we're supposed to be forming some sort of rivalry with those NoDaks, I'll step out of line here and say I hope to goodness our team can find some strange way to surprise the NoDaks in their house this year.  And if we can't, hopefully a few other teams can.  I just went up to their board and these people are talking bowl games.    
                      Based on the first 3 quarters against Nicholls, I see us competing with the NDSU's of IAA football. Our D-line demonstrated a renewed level of intensity with Sheehan and the kid from Omaha whose name I can't spell. The O-line wants to improve and has opening nice holes for Koenig and Watson. Kardoes, when he plays within his limits, provides just enough of a threat to pass and an excellent ability to run for yards at QB.

Now, we just need someone to step up and lead this team to wins instead of stumbling towards the finish. They can be a coach but it be better if it were an on the field guy. I think Andy can be that guy he just has to want to be. Work hard, eliminate the stupid mistaks that are mental and not talent based, and this team will be right there at the end of the year.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                        Since we're supposed to be forming some sort of rivalry with those NoDaks, I'll step out of line here and say I hope to goodness our team can find some strange way to surprise the NoDaks in their house this year.  And if we can't, hopefully a few other teams can.  I just went up to their board and these people are talking bowl games.    
                        No they are talking if we got into the Gateway that some of the members in the Gateway are looking long term at possibly moving up the entire conference to DIA which is where alot of the Bowl talk is coming from. Others are speculating about NDSU footballs longterm home and where it may be. Don't worry we aren't getting to big for our boots but we are dam proud of our football team as you would be if you were in our shoes. Remember NDSU has always been known as a Football first school however Tim Miles and the boys are making a name for themselves too but I digress. NDSU is looking stronger and stronger each year and we have some young talented guys and I will eat my boots if you guys could sneak in a W in fargo but I'm not worried. Come the end of the season I don't think I will be the one tasting shoe leather but instead you guys will be seeing the bottoms and the backs of our shoes ;D

Comment

On a realted note I have to chuckle. You guys lay 3 big eggs so far this year and after one win your ready to come into Fargo and beat us? Now that is funny. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Any given [s]Sunday[/s] Saturday.

Comment

I don't think anyone said we were going to win. I believe the thought was we would compete up there. You guys are rolling right now and it will take our best effort to win up at the dome again.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X