Since I didn't get to say anything about Nichols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I didn't get to say anything about Nichols

I just wanted to say, and I alluded to it on another thread, I was with 8 of my fellow ex-jacks over the weekend. We got together in Vegas for one of my friend's 30th birthday. SDSU football obviously came up on several occasions and most of the problems were solved although I'll be d@mned if I can remember them. You see most of the problems were solved while partaking in the free greasing the provide to gamblers. Regardless, when the Nichols score was posted, there was much excitement amongst our clan.

It's always good to get a W, especially the way this season has started out. I don't think our team has suddenly gone from a '72 Polara to a '06 Benz as a result of this win, but I think it's safe to say this is the team we were all envisioning when looking forward to this season.

The most impressive part of the game and what should give everyone the most hope is that the two portions of our game that we consistently stunk at (QB play and a complete game from the D - especially D-line) were the two shining stars in this game. Kardoes and the Defensive unit seemed to play a great game. Let's hope the first 3 games were the aberration and not the opposite.

Way to go Jacks. Let's keep this momentum going. By the way, with this win, put me down for 5 wins for the Jacks. I still think we beat one of the Cal teams. If pressed, I'd say Cal Poly, but I think we can beat Davis considering where and when the game is played. Hum now 'Bits!
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Since I didn't get to say anything about Nicho

I had the Jacks down for 6 wins and the only game I've missed is the obvious UWL.  I'm still standing behind the rest of mine. Wins: UC Davis, UCA, SUU and William Penn.  Jacks could win this week, but I think it will be a close loss.  Also you can't rule out the upset with Poly or NDSU but they are not as likely.

There is still an outside shot at a winning season, but 5-6 after this start would be big.

Comment

I think the toughest game on our schedule right now is NDSU. We haven't won up at the dome almost since before I was born. They just beat a 1A team. And before you discount the 1A team as not being that good, consider they gave Purdue every bit of a game as did the Gophs. And NDSU plays the Gophs. Right now, I'm hoping we don't get embarrassed by NDSU. It's hard to know until the play the 2 Cal schools, but I'd say NDSU may be the best team in 1AA right now. Say all you want about New Hampshire and the east coast schools, but I think last year's playoffs proved that the strength of the east coast schools is not as great as they'd like to think it is. I guess time will tell.

On a side note, how about Montana State? They start out the season winning big against a big time 1A program in Colorado and haven't won since. That includes a loss to Chadron St at home. Then Colorado should have won last week against a top ten team in Georgia. Shows how crazy college football is this year. Also, if I'm the recruiting coord for Chadron, I'm playing up that Montana St. win (and Colorado near upset) as much as possible.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

How ironic...I had my 40TH B-day this past weekend and had a bunch my fellow SDSU mates at my gathering in SW MN (not the glam of Vegas but oh well). We also tried to listen to the game and were excited to here the jacks victorious. It just may be the start of the season we had hoped for.

Oh, a shout to my mates...thanks for coming to my party it ment a lot to see my "brothers". Hope we can get together again soon.

GO JACKS!!!!!

Comment

The Nicholls State broadcast of last Saturday's game is available online if anyone is interested in listening to the game again (or for the first time)  I haven't listened to the full game yet, but Nicholls broadcast team is pretty good.  They seem fairly neutral and call a good game.

Here's the link to the game: http://www.breezebytes.com/nsu.html

Go State !!
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
          X