Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

DE Jason Nobiling is out for the season with a knee injury. He suffered a knee injury at the NDSU game last year and reinjured it in fall camp. Doctors had hoped to get thru the season with limited playing time, but after the Montana game was decided to have surgury again. Hard to replace experience.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Injuries

Hasn't he been playing with a torn ACL? I thought I read that he was going to try and play on it all season long. That's one tough kid. Any chance of a medical redshirt or is that out of the question since he redshirted his first year at State?

Comment

He has been playing with the tear, they had hoped he could play the season first, then surgury. He did red shirt his first year, so I don't know if he would qualify for a medical red shirt. I know he was really looking forward to the UNI game also because he is from Huxley, IA which is not far from his home. A tough break

Go Jacks !!!!!

Comment

I have also heard that there are 4 or 5 others injured including some of our running backs. Any one know anything?

If I understood correctly Adam Monke went from #4 to #2 on the depth chart for the game. I don't know who is out though.

Comment

you can redshirt as a freshman and still receive a medical hardship semester. Just an FYI. He'll be off scholarship and unable to practice with the team the spring semester of his 5th year, but still eligible to play the fall of his 6th if he so chooses.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
            I have also heard that there are 4 or 5 others injured including some of our running backs.  Any one know anything?

If I understood correctly Adam Monke went from #4 to #2 on the depth chart for the game.  I don't know who is out though.
            When it rains, it pours!   :'(
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Is Watson starting at RB?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisondad
                Is Watson starting at RB?
                Great question. If Koenig is healthy I suspect he starts. I doubt Watson will be returning kicks after last week.

I'm waiting to see if our offensive or defensive schemes change at all this week. The last 2 weeks haven't worked and I think a large part of that has been the pre-game preparation. Granted execution hasn't been there either.

Truck is packed, should be on the road by 4:00.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I gave a pretty accurate injury update in this week's column - biggest concern is the offensive line.
                  They are in bad shape.

Comment

According to this week's release, it's Koenig, Hohn, Watson, in that order.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary...se_9-12-06.pdf
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I know Mark Oelkers will be out at 2 more weeks. A tough break for a senior and captain.

Go Jacks !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        [quote author=Bisondad link=1158327579/0#6 date=1158343887]Is Watson starting at RB?
                        I doubt Watson will be returning kicks after last week.
                        [/quote]

Lost in last weeks debacle is that little nugget. How do we take an honorable mention all-conf player (Harris) out of kickoffs and put back there a guy who hasn't returned kicks for at least 2 years. Plus, Watson's not exactly known for his speed. He's a bruiser. You saw the results of that decision. Sorry, don't mean to push the thread in another direction, but this subject came up while discussing the game with some people.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Is Watson really a #3 RB, or is he still dealing with attidtude/off field problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisondad
                            Is Watson really a #3 RB, or is he still dealing with attidtude/off field problems?
                            From a talent standpoint I think Watson is probably #1 but when you factor in guts, heart, and then look at talent, Koenig is a tough kid to beat. Hohn is also very good. Monk is small and fast and I haven't seen enough of him.

Watson has a tendency to "tiptoe" into the hole. Koenig just hits it and hits it hard. Once Watson is in the open field he is nearly impossible to take down solo and can break away a lot better than Koenig.

Koenig will be #1 until he loses that spot.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                              [quote author=jackmd link=1158327579/0#7 date=1158344246][quote author=Bisondad link=1158327579/0#6 date=1158343887]Is Watson starting at RB?
                              I doubt Watson will be returning kicks after last week.
                              [/quote]

Lost in last weeks debacle is that little nugget.  How do we take an honorable mention all-conf player (Harris) out of kickoffs and put back there a guy who hasn't returned kicks for at least 2 years.  Plus, Watson's not exactly known for his speed.  He's a bruiser.  You saw the results of that decision.  Sorry, don't mean to push the thread in another direction, but this subject came up while discussing the game with some people.[/quote]

This weeks release shows it's Micah and Hohn, with Dusty S. on PR.

Also shows Parker about A. Pick on Kickoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X