Stig the Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig the Man

After week one, it was all Stig must go. Now after two great road wins. Now what? Give the coaching staff big time credit along with the players

Re: Stig the Man

My opinion has not changed. Realistically, if the team that has won the last two games is any indication of the true ability of this team and staff they should be 4-1 not 2-3 with an embarrassing opening loss.

Hopefully, Borderguy, you have read the all of the posts in regard to calling for a change. Those of us that were most vocal and stated our point are not basing the decision on a loss to UW-L, it's a career thing.

I think the two road wins were great, but Stig's still not the man for me.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

When the post about getting rid of Stig came out I said I could not fully participate in the post and I wish I would not have said anything more than that. As a coach, I understand what it is like for people to be upset after only a couple of games or less. As Jacks fans, we need to all be behind the coaches and the team. We would not have prevailed in the last two games if the coaching staff did not have the respect of the players. It would have been to easy to crumble at Nicholls after they started to come back and it would have been too easy to give up after being down 11 at the start of the 4th quarter last night. WAY TO GO JACKS and COACHES! This was the type of win that could carry a team to a better than expected year. I am eagerly anticipating next week!

Comment

AMEN trueblue AMEN
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
          My opinion has not changed.  Realistically, if the team that has won the last two games is any indication of the true ability of this team and staff they should be 4-1 not 2-3 with an embarrassing opening loss.

Hopefully, Borderguy, you have read the all of the posts in regard to calling for a change. Those of us that were most vocal and stated our point are not basing the decision on a loss to UW-L, it's a career thing.

I think the two road wins were great, but Stig's still not the man for me.
          You can't lay praise on the coach for wins and not criticize him for bad losses. Well, I guess you can but I don't see how it makes criticism any less important. Stig didn't have this team ready for the opening game against UW-L. For that he took some heat. The Jacks got stomped by a good Montana team, didn't compete, again fair to criticize. Against UNI the coaches couldn't/didn't adjust the game plan at the half, we lost.

Now, the right things seem to be getting done and the players have responded. Onward and upward but the situation remains the same. Each week is a big game for a team that loses the home opener the way we did.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congrats to the coaches and players on a good win. Again, had we won against UW-L and the rest of the season was the same, these conversations wouldn't be going on. I give the team and coaches all the credit for turning everything around in the face of a tough, tough schedule.

I'm know looking forward to the game this weekend as where I wasn't excited a couple of weeks ago!

Who knows what is going to happen the rest of the year? The players and coached would sure appreciate it if we get out there and support them from here until season's end. Then, whatever decisions are made are left in the hands of the appropriate people.

The Jackrabbit Nation needs to be in CAS Saturday for the Central Arkansas game!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            X