Douglass GW Special Teams Player of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douglass GW Special Teams Player of the Week

Parker Douglass has been named special teams player of the week for his performance against McNeese.  Congratulations Parker!

Here's the link to this week's release: http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...f/Week5POW.pdf

Go Jacks !!
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Douglass GW Special Teams Player of the Week

Congrats to Parker. It's shocking to say with Vinnie being an SDSU grad, but Parker has to be the best kicker in SDSU history. (By the way, Vinnie was generally thought of as a better punter than kicker his last year. I may need some verification on this by CatchemAll as I was only a freshman getting into trouble then.)

I can't wait to read the Argus article about Parker. I'm sure they'll do a feature story about the guy who is beating all of the Super Bowl Heroe's records at SDSU. Right? (sorry - couldn't resist)
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Congrats to Parker.

Want a real story on USD football, ask how in the heck this kid and Logan met admission requirements at USD, the "Ivy-league" school of the midwest? Talk about some tap-dancing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congradulations to Parker Douglas. We seem to have had some good field goal kickers and it may have started with John Stone who played 1961-62 and maybe 63. There may have been other before John. I recall he set some record during the 1960's. No doubt those records have been broken by Vinitari, and also Brett Gorden, who was no slouch either. We had some great kickers and punters recently. Hopefully we have a high schooler eying Douglas and are gearing up to break his records.

Comment

I see Kardoes got honorable mention offensive player of the week for the 2nd week in a row. It hasn't been pretty, but Andy plays with a lot of heart and seems to be a good leader. So Congrats to Andy too.

Comment

Parker was also named a I-AA.org national special teams player of the week! Here's the link: http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=81217
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell2006
              I see Kardoes got honorable mention offensive player of the week for the 2nd week in a row. It hasn't been pretty, but Andy plays with a lot of heart and seems to be a good leader. So Congrats to Andy too.
              You guys have a great kicker and a very tough QB there.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72
                [quote author=mitchell2006 link=1159802955/0#4 date=1159815793]I see Kardoes got honorable mention offensive player of the week for the 2nd week in a row. It hasn't been pretty, but Andy plays with a lot of heart and seems to be a good leader. So Congrats to Andy too.
                You guys have a great kicker and a very tough QB there.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Doc[/quote]

Hope things work out ok down in Lake Charles about the new coach. Great luck with the rest of the season!

Comment

Working...
                X