CAP'N CAT HEADING TO UCA GAME!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAP'N CAT HEADING TO UCA GAME!!!

Bringing my two young sons, 9 and 6, and looking to have a super time. Gonna get there around 2 pm, arrange housing for the evening, then head to the field for some tailgating! Could use a bird dog on a decent motel kinda near the campus....

Can someone give The Cap'n some SDSU tailgating tips, esp. re: drinking there? Are they strict? No bottles? Time limits? Halftime tailgating? After game tailgating? Etc, etc.

Went to the UC-Davis game in SF last year with Ralph and had a super time. Partied near that big "Jackrabbit Command Vehicle" or whatever it was, the white motor home. I was the idiot in teh black Ford pickup flying the UNI flag! Got a kick outta the guy in the Lincoln, I think it was, who had the fold away grill in his trunk! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, see youz guys there and PM me here or at AGS if you wanna get together!

Take care, RabbitNation!!!!

The Cap'n

Re: CAP'N CAT HEADING TO UCA GAME!!!

Jesus, hide the women (Cap's coming), hide the children (Cap's sons are coming).

Not too strict on tailgaiting. No bottles or kegs. Just bring a mug or plastic cup to pour your beverage into. Halftime tailgaiting, yes. Post game = Cubby's sports bar downtown.

Comment

Cap'n

Welcome to stop by and have a cold one with us. IM me if you want more info

Go Jacks !!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by Capn Cat
        Bringing my two young sons, 9 and 6, and looking to have a super time.  Gonna get there around 2 pm, arrange housing for the evening, then head to the field for some tailgating!  Could use a bird dog on a decent motel kinda near the campus....

Can someone give The Cap'n some SDSU tailgating tips, esp. re: drinking there?  Are they strict?  No bottles?  Time limits?  Halftime tailgating?  After game tailgating?  Etc, etc.

Went to the UC-Davis game in SF last year with Ralph and had a super time.  Partied near that big "Jackrabbit Command Vehicle" or whatever it was, the white motor home.  I was the idiot in teh black Ford pickup flying the UNI flag!  Got a kick outta the guy in the Lincoln, I think it was, who had the fold away grill in his trunk!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, see youz guys there and PM me here or at AGS if you wanna get together!

Take care, RabbitNation!!!!

The Cap'n

Here is a link about the tailgate rules:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...ting/Index.cfm

I'll make a point to look for you and if I see you I will say hi (have seen your pic on a number of boards) and ask you to join our mary band of Rabbits.

Go State!  

Comment

Verifyin' that kickoff is at 7 pm, right?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Link for Hotels:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=...l&ct=title

I would say your best bets are the ones close to I-29 very close to campus and most are newer (Holiday Inn Express, Super 8, and Fairfield are the newest).  

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                Link for Hotels:

I would say your best bets are the ones close to I-29 very close to campus and most are newer (Holiday Inn Express, Super 8, and Fairfield are the newest).  

Go State!  

I checked all those an they're full! That oughta teach me to make these plans so late. Anyway, got one at the Sonshine. Reviews said it was OK.

Comment

[quote author=89rabbit link=1160058565/0#6 date=1160077896]Link for Hotels:

Go State!  

I checked all those an they're full!  That oughta teach me to make these plans so late.  Anyway, got one at the Sonshine.  Reviews said it was OK.

[/quote]

What reviews?? I lived across the street from that place in college. It's the worst motel in Brookings. It is walking distance from the bars though. I'd do some more checking around if I were you. A UCA fan got a place earlier today at the Staurolite Inn 605-692-3111.

http://www.yellowbook.com/?T=1&A=1&B...mp;x=0&y=0

Comment

I checked all those an they're full! That oughta teach me to make these plans so late. Anyway, got one at the Sonshine. Reviews said it was OK.

OK is a stretch, but it's all relative. As a point of reference, it used to be a Super 8. It's cheap (some still say it's overpriced), walking/stumbling distance from downtown, and you might have to ask them to turn on the heat. But, we'll be staying there, too. Beats sleeping in the car, I think.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                      [quote author=Capn Cat link=1160058565/0#7 date=1160078416][quote author=89rabbit link=1160058565/0#6 date=1160077896]Link for Hotels:

Go State!  

I checked all those an they're full!  That oughta teach me to make these plans so late.  Anyway, got one at the Sonshine.  Reviews said it was OK.

[/quote]

What reviews??  I lived across the street from that place in college.  It's the worst motel in Brookings.  It is walking distance from the bars though.  I'd do some more checking around if I were you.  A UCA fan got a place earlier today at the Staurolite Inn 605-692-3111.

http://www.yellowbook.com/?T=1&A=1&B...mp;x=0&y=0

[/quote]

Staurolite was full, too.

Hey, if the door locks at night, we'll be OK. I see one syringe on the gorund outside, though, someone's gonna pay!!

Comment

LOL

Comment

[quote author=89rabbit link=1160058565/0#6 date=1160077896]Link for Hotels:

Go State!  

[/quote]

Unfortunately Sonshine is the oldest motel in Brookings. The old cliche that you get what you pay for applies here. Last time I stayed it was not good as I recall.

There is a Super 8 in Dell Rapids, just off I-29. Its new and clean and 30 miles south of Brookings. If you are coming up I-29 it would be on the way and work on your return trip too.

Also west of Brookings on US 14 is the Arlington Inn, that was formally the Super 8 is okay. This would be 20 miles west of Brookings.

Those are the two closest ones that I can think of. Sioux Falls should be okay as well as Watertown to the north of Brookings.

Comment

Man, ya'll will have it SOOOOOOO much easier next November when you come to beautiful Conway, Arkansas.

Comment

Cap: The Watertown Chamber of Commerce would gladly have you as a guest...40 minutes straight up (North) the interstate if you cannot get lodging in Brookings.

While the kickoff is 7:00, get there by 4:30 for the tailgaiting activities. There should be some good food available for those who want to skip making their own etc. Looks like the weather will be nice...just a slight chance of rain predicted and slight around here usually means no rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X