Mc Neese Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mc Neese Game

Why not start this today and move our thoughts toward the next game. Mc Neese as did NDSU played an Mid American opponent. NDSU beat Ball state and Mc Neese lost to Toledo 41-7. I dont know what these scores mean if anything. Steve Emming said yesterday that the Nicholls State Coach said to expect a 18 to 20k crowd at Lake Charles.

Re: Mc Neese Game

You should have waited Haldersham. SDSU is 1-0 when I start threads about the upcoming week's game. This could be a bad sign ;D
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Oh darn, I should have let you start it Catchem, since it worked last week

I found their offical website

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/

Comment

From what I was told, Nicholls was pretty confident/cocky before the game. Like they pretty much knew they were going to win. I don't think that will happen again this week.

It's time to bring our A game for 4 quarters this week and stay undefeated in Bayou country
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I found one interesting state on the McNeese site and that is they drew between 12 and 13 thousand for a 76-0 game with West Virginia Tech so I would expect we will be facing a big home crowd this coming Saturday.

Comment

I thought it was important to bring this thread back to the top so maybe we can focus on the positives once.

So what is known about McNeese? Where are their studs? What kind of offense do they run? I was told that Nicholls' defense looked a little small but very fast on tape. That usually bodes pretty well for our lineman who are very much not small and pretty decent speed wise.

I vote for talking about McNeese!
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
              Oh darn, I should have let you start it Catchem, since it worked last week

I found their offical website

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/
              McNeese fan website

McNeese Fan Messageboard

McNeese Game Pictures (Toledo pictures not up yet)

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                I found one interesting state on the McNeese site and that  is they drew  between 12 and 13 thousand for a 76-0 game with West Virginia Tech so I would expect we will be facing a big home crowd this coming Saturday.
                Yeah, attendance for that game sucked. It rained on and off all day and then LSU played on TV against Arizona with a kickoff a couple of hours before ours. So a lot of our fairweather fans chose to stay home and watch LSU on TV.

Doc

Comment

Doc, how about some official info on the team.

Also, I have heard the name of your school pronounced Mc Neice and McNeacy. Which one is right?

-Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
                    Doc, how about some official info on the team.  

Also, I have heard the name of your school pronounced Mc Neice and McNeacy.  Which one is right?
                    We pronounce it in Lake Charles and SW LA. as Mack Niece. Not the common wrong pronounciation of Mick Niece.

More about the team in a day or two. I need to get my pictures from the Toledo game online. I flew back home today and drove back from Houston. Since we had to get up at 4AM in Toledo to catch our flight in Detroit, when I got home I crashed for about four hours. So, I have only got my pictures,that I'll use, selected, renamed, enhanced, shrunk, and uploaded to our webhost server. I still have to organize them into pages when I have time tomorrow. Than, I'll be back here for more discussion.

You are welcome to visit our messageboard and ask some of the guys questions there.

Doc

Comment

Question. Did your team go back home after the Nicholls game or are they spending the week in Louisiana?

There has been some speculation from some fans that they are staying in Louisiana this week. But I don't see how. Where would they practice, have team meetings, etc.

Doc

Comment

The team is back in town, I believe I was told they got in before midnight on Saturday. And then Fly back down on Friday morning I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                          The team is back in town, I believe I was told they got in before midnight on Saturday. And then Fly back down on Friday morning I'm sure.
                          Thanks.   I don't know where the fricking internet rumors like that start.   Let me go straighten out some people.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72
                            Question.   Did your team go back home after the Nicholls game or are they spending the week in Louisiana?

There has been some speculation from some fans that they are staying in Louisiana this week.   But I don't see how.   Where would they practice, have team meetings, etc.

Doc

Good question and I  can see the speculation, since South Dakota in some Louisiana minds is way up north, just as some Dakota folks figure Louisiana is way down south, near the ocean. ;D

Our athletes as they are at McNeese, are students too. They need their classroooms too and I think the admin would discourage two weeks out without a darn good reason. With good air travel, the team can get back and forth okay. I am happy we played both LA this year rather than last, as it must have been chaos. SDSU has been selling charters flights to accompany the team to the fans, and one for Nicholls and one for McNeese, so its never been any doubt about staying over this coming week.

Your right where would SDSU practice? I am sure the coaching staff know some people down your way, but not enough to work this plan out plus those few nights in their own bed will help our guys out a bunch. I am sure they would love that warm weather down that way. Its going to get all the way up to 70 degrees today in South Dakota. A hot one by our standards.

I am the one that posted about the West Virginia Tech attendence, which in my mind is not bad considering the first game of the year and a totally unknown team coming to Lake Charles.  What kind of attendence will there be this coming Saturday? A guess will work.

Comment

Okay, some guy on our board said he talked to one of your coaches at the Nicholls game and said that the Jacks were not going back but staying in Beaumont, TX for the week.

So did the Jacks go home or are they in Beaumont?

This is what he said about it in his post:

"I was @ the Nicholls game this past weekend. Spoke to one of their coaches, they are staying in Beaumont for the week, not going back home."

Who is right?

Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X