Re: Central Arkansas Sell Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Central Arkansas Sell Out?

I have a hard time believing that...I'm going to leave in about an hour (3:35 now) and I have a 45 minute drive.  I'm calling a son at SDSU and will inquire and then post what he says.

Just tried calling him but no luck.

I'm driving down anyway. I have to believe it is not sold out...you're talking about 15,000 or more and that's doubtful. (But wouldn't it be great!)

I heard from a person whose cousin is a cheerleader. I'm not sure what to think though. Thanks for checking in, as I don't know anyone that will be up in Brookings this weekend.

Comment

See my last post (I added to it rather than post a new message).

I'll have two kids at the game and I think they would have called me if there was serious talk about a sell-out.

Isn't the attendance record at Coughlin in excess of 15,000? (I believe it was a USD game several years ago and I was there).

That'd be spectacular, particularly since USD's Dakota Days are today.

Comment

Just talked to one kid (3:50 p.m.) and he hasn't heard anything about a sell-out. He said the campus is really empty (first 3-day weekend since Labor Day) so he predicts a very poor student crowd.

Drive down and support the Jacks.

Comment

very true.  Thanks for the information.  Hope there is a great crowd

The record is 16,193 in 1985 when they beat USD, like you said JackJD

Comment

Well I'm going to be listening to the game on the radio from my motel room in Norway but alot of students are gone for the three day weekend but alot of them are staying for the beef bowl and then going home. Go jacks.

Comment

oops, tried to delete the thread, but it only deleted my first post...

Comment

I am quite sure the game is not a sellout. I did hear that most of the reserved seat on the west side were sold. As of Friday a.m. on the Sportsshow there were not very many remaining.

Comment

Thats what I heard too, also maybe the visiting HS seniors will make up for the suitcase students.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                    Just talked to one kid (3:50 p.m.) and he hasn't heard anything about a sell-out.  He said the campus is really empty (first 3-day weekend since Labor Day) so he predicts a very poor student crowd.

Great student support, pretty much a full stadium. Crowd could have been more vocal, the reserve seat crowd is weak, just plain weak. Same problem in Frost. Its a bit discouraging.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      [quote author=JackJD link=1160253072/0#3 date=1160254216]Just talked to one kid (3:50 p.m.) and he hasn't heard anything about a sell-out.  He said the campus is really empty (first 3-day weekend since Labor Day) so he predicts a very poor student crowd.

Great student support, pretty much a full stadium.  Crowd could have been more vocal, the reserve seat crowd is weak, just plain weak.  Same problem in Frost.  Its a bit discouraging.[/quote]

As a member of the reserve seat crowd I was VERY disappointed in our vocal support. Our defense played very well all night, and still not many stood on the 3rd and 4th downs in the second half, or to recognize the defense after stopping UCA drives.

Comment

Working...
                      X