John Stiegelmeier Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stiegelmeier Show?

What ever happened to the John Stegelmeier Show (Mike Daly Show before that)? Did it just cost too much money to put it on every week during the football season? I always enjoyed watching it on Sunday nights on Keloland.

Re: John Stiegelmeier Show?

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
    What ever happened to the John Stegelmeier Show (Mike Daly Show before that)?  Did it just cost too much money to put it on every week during the football season?  I always enjoyed watching it on Sunday nights on Keloland.
    From what I remember, I think it was determined that the $$ could be best used elsewhere (flights to Cali, schollies, etc.).

Hopefully, it'll come back one day. I always enjoyed it as well....

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
      What ever happened to the John Stegelmeier Show (Mike Daly Show before that)?  Did it just cost too much money to put it on every week during the football season?  I always enjoyed watching it on Sunday nights on Keloland.
      I use to love watching Sunday night. I hope somewhere the money can be found (sponsorship) to have at least a 10-15 minute spot.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

From what those who would know in the HPER dept. told me,  the show did not belong to SDSU per sa since Mike Daly in getting the show started went out and got his own sponsors and worked through TV Productions. I can't remember the husband's name but Mrs. TV Productions was Ginger Thompson and they owned the show. They were having a hard time finding a good host. Gary Beckworth was the host for a while and he is now involved in one of the minor sports franchises in SF. Tom Maxwell was killed in a car accident. He was host for Jim Thorson show for awhile. So the show was  having a hard time finding someone who was not under contract with one of the SF TV stations. Ginger if you recall was the last host and after she decided she was not up to the task, the show folded. The HPER was trying to buy the show and apparently that never happened.

The last year or two that it appeared on Keloland, SDSU more or less bought the time.

This is the big draw back of the Brookings Community and that is there is no NETWORK Afffliated or even an independant TV station for which to work out the details of a show and for the TV outlet to be a partner in advertising and production of the show. TV Productions basically was and still may be doing ads for local business that appear on the cable network that serves Brookings. WDAY in Fargo continues to air sports shows and both KFGO and WDAY both have weekly radio shows involving the coaching staffs of NDSU.

We do have a void as I would agree coaches shows are important and help build a following. This area needs to be revisited soon.

Comment

Working...
        X