Central Arkansas - Beef Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Arkansas - Beef Bowl

Not that I am ready to let go of the after glow of the Mc Neese State game just yet, but I thought I would kick us off for a home game (finally). Here is a link to the Central Arkansas fan board:

http://www.ucafans.com/forum/index.php

I am looking forward to making the trip back to Brookings this weekend for the Beef Bowl!

Go State!

Re: Central Arkansas - Beef Bowl

I'll be back as well, can't wait! The last head count I heard for the group of Sturgis Jackrabbit Alumni was around 50. There's also a group (5-10) from Spearfish that's making the trip. Should be a great time!

Comment

Bobcats play at home Friday night. Looks like a 40% chance of rain on Thursday and then 20% chance Friday and Saturday. Highs in the mid 60's on Saturday....early forecasts make it look like it should be a nice weekend. Let's hope the rain holds off!

Comment

Just browed the U of Central Arkansas Web site:  http://www.uca.edu/index.php

UCA and SDSU are comparable in size of student bodies.  The web-site has a nicely-done moving aerial view of the campus.   A similar aerial view of SDSU's campus would be a nice addition to State's web-site.

I'm looking forward to the Beef Bowl.  I hope we have a great crowd for our visitors from Arkansas.  

Comment

What a difference a couple of wins makes!!!!!!!!!!

My head is up and I'm excited for the game this weekend. I'd be there for the Beef Bowl no matter what, but it's going to be more fun after the last couple wins.

Congrats to all the Coaches and Players!!!!!!!

Now, for what to cook at the tailgate?

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I wish I was able to make it back for the Beef Bowl and all the old timers football activities. I will be listening to the game via internet as usual and can't wait to hear about the Jacks W.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

UCA just made it's debut in the AGS Poll at #25. Can the Jacks make it three straight wins against ranked teams dropping each out of the poll? McNeese just dropped out and Nicholls hasn't made it back yet.

Also this will likely mean that the Jacks will have a string of 7 straight games against top 25 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                UCA just made it's debut in the AGS Poll at #25.  Can the Jacks make it three straight wins against ranked teams dropping each out of the poll?  McNeese just dropped out and Nicholls hasn't made it back yet.

Also this will likely mean that the Jacks will have a string of 7 straight games against top 25 teams.
                It would also be our 3rd straight win over current or future Southland conference teams (if I'm not mistaken).
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After a little caculating SDSU is averaging 11,356.2 fans for football games (home and away). I except a huge crowd. Hopefully over 12,000. Can we get close to 13,000? Should be a great day to tailgating and football. I just wish all the tailgaters would go to the game.

Anyone know the largest crowd ever for the Beef Bowl game?
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town

2004 holds the Beef Bowl attendance record - NDSU vs SDSU

Final Score- SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

Attendance - 12,323

It was also the first ever "Dakota Marker" Game

Go State!  

P.S.  Last year's Beef Bowl game drew 10,633

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                      After a little caculating SDSU is averaging 11,356.2 fans for football games (home and away). I except a huge crowd. Hopefully over 12,000. Can we get close to 13,000?  Should be a great day to tailgating and football.  I just wish all the tailgaters would go to the game.
                      Ya'll have that problem too! Man, tailgating really has picked up considerably this season (it is like night and day from last year) and I have noticed that alot of the tailgaters will stay outside and watch the game..it sucks, but I don't know what can be done to bring them in...Here's to a good game this weekend and another UCA W!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        It would also be our 3rd straight win over current or future Southland conference teams (if I'm not mistaken).
                        Who is the future Southland Conference team the Jackrabbits are playing?  UCA joined the Southland July 1, 2006. :-?
                        BTW Josh, drop "Go Rabbits!" from the signature . . . we aren't that friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer
                          [quote author=jackmd link=1159739488/0#7 date=1159812416]It would also be our 3rd straight win over current or future Southland conference teams (if I'm not mistaken).
                          Who is the future Southland Conference team the Jackrabbits are playing? UCA joined the Southland July 1, 2006. :-?
                          BTW Josh, drop "Go Rabbits!" from the signature . . . we aren't that friendly. [/quote]

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...06fbweekly.pdf
                          "UCA will begin contesting an SLC schedule in 2007." So you're kinda-sorta a member, like SDSU is kinda-sorta a Mid-Con member (except in swimming and diving, of course).
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            "UCA will begin contesting an SLC schedule in 2007." So you're kinda-sorta a member
                            Well, not exactly.  There is a difference between "contesting a (full) SLC schedule" and being a full member of the conference.  Or at least that is what the Southland Conference thinks.

http://southland.cstv.com/genrel/070106aaa.html

"The Southland Conference reaches it largest configuration Saturday (July 1, 2006) as the University of Central Arkansas and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi officially join the league as full members."

But hey, if it will make you guys feel better to say you got your ears pinned back by a "future" Southland Conference member so be it  

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer
                              [quote author=filbert link=1159739488/0#12 date=1159838401]
                              "UCA will begin contesting an SLC schedule in 2007." So you're kinda-sorta a member
                              Well, not exactly.  There is a difference between "contesting a (full) SLC schedule" and being a full member of the conference.  Or at least that is what the Southland Conference thinks.

http://southland.cstv.com/genrel/070106aaa.html

"The Southland Conference reaches it largest configuration Saturday (July 1, 2006) as the University of Central Arkansas and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi officially join the league as full members."

But hey, if it will make you guys feel better to say you got your ears pinned back by a "future" Southland Conference member so be it  [/quote]

Since the Southland has had so much success against SDSU and NDSU for that matter, I can see why you would be so smug. We'll be happy to bring you back to earth. Our guys will be ready to play and our home crowd will be fired up. Can a bear tuck its tail between its legs? I suspect will find out this weekend.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X