Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KSTP TV says Gophers next play Jacks....oops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSTP TV says Gophers next play Jacks....oops!

BigBison on the Bison Fan Board posted the following today (the sportscaster mixes up SDSU and NDSU):

This is a video from KSTP channel 5 in the twin cities, http://www.kstp.com/article/7/ click on the gophers video link and watch/listen till the end     People in the cities dont even know that people live in North Dakota.

Re: KSTP TV says Gophers next play Jacks....oops!

Sid Hartman and Dave Mona on the Sunday Morning Huddle on WCCO radio didn't give the Bison much respect. Sid says the Gophers will win by up to five or six touchdowns. "No contest," he said. His forecast: 40-0. I think the Gophers are in for rude surprise. I look for the NDSU to play them very tough and possibly pull off the upset. This is not exactly a powerhouse Gopher team, and NDSU is good.
    This space for lease.

Comment

I would not be completely surprised to see the Bison to go in and steal one from the Gophers.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Gophers should win against NDSU. But after the close loss last week to Penn State, it seems like that the Gophers decided to mail it in against Wisconsin....plus, the Gophers are dealing with some significant injuries. My hunch is that the Bison will make a game out of it (and will likely have a more vocal crowd) and that Minnesota may regret adding them to the schedule this fall........

Comment

I think that at the very least, the Bison will scare the heck out of the Gophs and I won't be shocked if the Bison squeek one out. My prediction, Bison 17-Gophs 13 (their kicker is not reliable).

Comment

10,000 + Bison fans expected at the game NDSU might end up being the home team come saturday.

Comment

Don't sell the Bison team or fans short, Gopher fan. They will show up in force and will be twice as loud as any Gopher fan in the stands. The team is as good as any in the DIAA ranks and the Gophs are a lower level Big 10 team and middle of the pack overall in the DI ranks. I'll be pulling for the Bison this weekend and give them a legitimate shot to win.

Anyone know if there will be a line on this game?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I watched the majority of the Wisconsin v. Minnesota game this weekend. They CAN run the ball, so NDSU must slow the run to have a chance. The score of the WI game is a little misleading because Minn had a couple huge turnovers early that shut down drives where the Minn running game was picking up huge chunks at a time. I think NDSU is about as good as they come in D1AA, but I'm not sure they're going to be able to handle the running game of Minn. I'd like to see them pull off the upset and then again I wouldn't. We're still hearing about their basketball win against the Badgers, imagine how long we'd hear about them beating the Gophs in football. Anyway, I think Minn will take over the line of scrimmage and pull out a victory somewhere along the lines of 28-10.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

My take is that the Bison could play them close, but the numbers and quality of athletes will make it nearly impossible for an upset, but I could be surprised alone with everyone else. It as MJA says the Gophers can run the ball, the Bison defense will have a test they have not had so far.

The team that NDSU beat on Saturday, Mississippi Valley State is in the same conference as Southern. The coach Willie Totten told the Fargo Forum that Mississippi Valley has only 40 scholarships so the 45-0 score kind of rings hallow for the Bison. And yes if an upset does occur, we will hear about it for a long time, but would it be any different for SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                    Don't sell the Bison team or fans short, Gopher fan.  They will show up in force and will be twice as loud as any Gopher fan in the stands.  The team is as good as any in the DIAA ranks and the Gophs are a lower level Big 10 team and middle of the pack overall in the DI ranks.  I'll be pulling for the Bison this weekend and give them a legitimate shot to win.

Anyone know if there will be a line on this game?
                    Let me clarify what I mean by "legitimate shot", it means a chance. Certainly not expecting a IAA team to go into a Big 10 schools place and knock them off. However, if the line is Gophs by 14 I would be willing to place a bet on NDSU (if I did that kind of stuff).

The Gophers running game the last decade has been phenomanal to say the least, its excellent again this year. If the Gophers hold onto the ball, mix it up a little on offense, and play reasonable defense they should win easily. However, the Gophers under Mason are unpredictable at best and NDSU seems to be firing on all cylinders.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'll be pulling for the Bison all the way. Of course we will hear about it for years if they win, but that would make the last game of the year be so big!

Comment

There is no way, absolutely no way, the Bison beat the Gophers......no way. The Gophs may have gotten crushed by Wisconsin, but they played Penn State tight and only lost to Michigan by 14. Michigan is one of the top teams in the country. To quote Coach Bohl, there is not one player on his team that was offered a scholarship by Minnesota.

Comment

Sagarins ratings (whiich have some REAL HOKINESS to them !)

Goph's 46th
                          Bison 59th

Not a large spread, but will note that Ball St. that they beat earlier is 122nd (Rabbits at 127th)

If the team that played Wis shows up and NDSU strikes fast, this could get ugly for the Gophs. If the team that duked it out with Penn St or Mich shows up, Bison get tagged with a loss, and $300K.

Should be Great entertainment, and if not making it out to Poly for the SDSU/Poly game, may want a fun weekend in TC. Heard that 7K tix still available. Likely to be 12-15K Green Screamers there.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                            Sagarins ratings (whiich have some REAL HOKINESS to them !)

Goph's 46th
                            Bison 59th

Not a large spread, but will note that Ball St. that they beat earlier is 122nd (Rabbits at 127th)

If the team that played Wis shows up and NDSU strikes fast, this could get ugly for the Gophs.  If the team that duked it out with Penn St or Mich shows up, Bison get tagged with a loss, and $300K.

Should be Great entertainment, and if not making it out to Poly for the SDSU/Poly game, may want a fun weekend in TC.  Heard that 7K tix still available.  Likely to be 12-15K Green Screamers there.
                            Pheasants will have my attention regardless of weather conditions, then its the Jacks on WNAX and a cold Newcastle, I bought a keg of the nutbrown ale today.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              [quote author=rabidrabbit link=1160965352/0#12 date=1161130897]Sagarins ratings (whiich have some REAL HOKINESS to them !)

Goph's 46th
                              Bison 59th

If the team that played Wis shows up and NDSU strikes fast, this could get ugly for the Gophs.  If the team that duked it out with Penn St or Mich shows up, Bison get tagged with a loss, and $300K.

Should be Great entertainment, and if not making it out to Poly for the SDSU/Poly game, may want a fun weekend in TC.  Heard that 7K tix still available.  Likely to be 12-15K Green Screamers there.
                              Pheasants will have my attention regardless of weather conditions, then its the Jacks on WNAX and a cold Newcastle, I bought a keg of the nutbrown ale today.[/quote]

Wow a Newcastle keg...that's a far cry from the Icehouse/Busch Light/Old Mil Light kegs we used to drink at SDSU's finest party houses...you know, just yourself and 100 of your closest friends in a tiny house with absolutely no personal space whatsoever.

Good call on the Newcastle, by the way. I was not poking fun at all. Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X