X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaRon Harris gets national recogntion

10/24/2006
    Harris earns weekly national award

South Dakota State University wide receiver JaRon Harris has added to his list of awards for the week by being named a Division I-AA Co-Offensive Player of the Week by The Sports Network.

Harris, a sophomore wide receiver from Sioux Falls, caught three touchdown passes in the final eight minutes as the Jackrabbits rallied with 23 points in the fourth quarter to pull out a 29-28 victory at fourth-ranked Cal Poly on Oct. 21. He finished the game with six receptions for 133 yards, an average of 22.2 yards per catch against the top defense in NCAA Division I-AA. Harris' TD receptions covered 14, 12 and 19 yards from Andy Kardoes, the final one of which pulled SDSU to within 28-27 with 1:05 remaining in the game. Harris' performance was his second 100-yard receiving game of the season.

Earlier in the week, Harris was named the Great West Football Conference Offensive Player of the Week. He shared the national honor with Montana State wide receiver Michael Jefferson.

SDSU, 4-3 overall and 1-0 in the Great West, returns home Saturday to face 16th-ranked UC Davis in the 93rd Hobo Day game. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/NewsDet...cfm?ID=46,5449

Re: JaRon Harris gets national recogntion

Congrats JaRon! Great accomplishment for Mr. Harris and the offense as a whole......
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

The Argus picked up the story from SDSU:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...zgtiis/Ks84%3D

Go State!

Comment

I remember when jaron went out for football for the first time his senior year of high school and returned a kick-off for a touchdown the first time he ever touched a ball. pretty good athlete to say the least.

Comment

Working...
        X