Bury the Razor?  

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bury the Razor?  

I recently graduated from state this spring, I have always heard of the term'bury the razor' in print, how can we bring this tradition back to the students and actually bury the razor at the beginning of the fb season?

I like the fact the traditions can be followed

go jacks

Re: Bury the Razor?  

what does "bury the razor" mean? Is that the thing about all the guys on campus growing beards? If I had known about that when I was in school we would have all done it.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Here is a link to a little Hobo Day history that should help (short read):

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Tr...tory/Index.cfm

After the ritual "burying of the razor" in the fall, male students paid a penalty if they shaved before Hobo Day.

Go State!  

Comment

I'm not a real big fan of the razor (probably since I can't really grow a beard ), but Kimmes thinks that the tradition should be brought back.

One tradition that has been lost and should be brought back is the growing of beards. In the past, it was more or less required that every man on campus grew a beard. The peer-pressure was so great that everybody did it. If a man did not want to grow a beard, he had to purchase a certificate that made him exempt.

I think a tradition like that still has merit in this day and age. Can you picture a campus of 5,000 men walking around with beards? I think it would be awesome. Growing of the beards is a great tradition because its something that gets students involved in school spirit and it doesn't involve hazing of freshman.

Along the same lines, the tradition of burying a razor should be brought back. These two lost traditions seem to go hand-in-hand. Burying the razor symbolizes a willingness to not shave.
        Read more about Kimmes' take on Hobo Day at http://www.sdsucollegian.com/media/s...ucollegian.com.

It's worth some discussion.

Comment

Working...
        X