Battle of the Bands - Great West Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Bands - Great West Style

UC-Davis is bringing part of their band to Hobo Day, since they are coming, we might as well learn something about them.  

UC-Davis Band-UH! site:

http://camb.ucdavis.edu/camb/index.php

Looks like they take band as seriously as the Pride does, it will be fun having them in a packed CAS.  I'll ask again, does anyone know if they are going to be in the Parade?

SDSU Pride of the Dakotas site:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Academics/Co...otas/Index.cfm

Go State!  

Re: Battle of the Bands - Great West Style

Yikes, if UC-Davis keeps sending its band out here every time we play, we may have to find some money to send the Pride (or at least the Drumline) to Davis when we play there next year.

Comment

I sat near the Davis band last year in Sioux Falls.

They were very small, (in comparison to the Pride) but very good.
      (Maybe the sent a smaller group and left some members home?)

They were actually pretty entertaining.

Comment

The UC Davis Band-uh is quite large but distant games are limited by cost. They are driving to every game this year except one that they got to fly. Students must pay part of the cost of transportation and they usually drive in vans for long hours and sleep on gym floors. They had 165 members go to San Luis Obispo for the Cal Poly game plus the Dance Team (very hot!) - Cal Poly's band is about 120. You will most likely get 30-40 members at SDSU. Come to Davis to see the whole band and their pre-game and half-time performances.

Comment

The number I heard was 50. And the answer to everyones question is no they are not playing the parade, they will be playing when Davis is on offense and State will be playing when we are on offense.

Comment

that's pretty sweet.  That's big time college stuff there with opposing bands in attendance.  Anyone think my wife will notice if I don't get home from work on Friday until Sunday afternoon? I really want to be at this game.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The band came last year and were supposed to play before the game started but they didn't get to Sioux Falls until just after kick off. They did play for a bit after the game and were quite fun.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                that's pretty sweet.  That's big time college stuff there with opposing bands in attendance.  Anyone think my wife will notice if I don't get home from work on Friday until Sunday afternoon? I really want to be at this game.
                MJA, if you jump, I'll jump. Boy, I'd be in the dog house for a while. :-/

Comment

Sat near the UC-Davis fans last year, stayed in the same hotel as them. Great people, great players, very respectful. After that tough loss at Howard Wood the players came over to the stands and thanked the fans for traveling with them to SD. I want to beat the Aggies, especially on homecoming, but I also want to recognize the quality of the program and fans.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X