Pressbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressbox

Althought I have seen press boxes similar to ours at other I-AA stadiums (Delaware, Indiana State, etc.), I think we need some better facilities in the near future.  Even if they build new stands on the East side, I think the press boxes are planned to be part of a new West side.  That means it will probably be a long time before new press boxes would be built.  I think they should renovate our current press box by adding a level below it and renovating the inside and outside of the current press facility.  Done right the new bottom level could be a club level or something.  I think the money gained from having a club level could pay for the renovation.  Our it might be more feasible to completely rebuild a press box.  Does anyone know if they remodeled the current facility if they would need to have an elevator for access reasons.  If that's the case it probably would not be possible.  Here's what if could look like:

Re: Pressbox

Weber State added Sky Boxes a few years ago, here are a few pics......

http://departments.weber.edu/mediare...99.stadium.htm

I think SDSU would have nice I-AA stadium if it upgraded the press boxes and did a few other things like making it a bowl or horseshoe.

Comment

If we built a completely new structure it would have to be totally frestanding to work with new stands as well because I think the old ones will come down within 10-15 years.  If they had a complete plan for a new stadium then they could probably build a new press box facility first and then build new stands later in seperate phases.  I think that a new press box facility would rank fairly high on the list of priorities, but I think new stands on the East side might be more important.  The increased revenue with suites and a club level might offset the cost of the structure though.

Comment

I know myself and a couple friends would be first in line to get in on a suite depending on price if they were ever built. I'd drop some coin on that.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
          I know myself and a couple friends would be first in line to get in on a suite depending on price if they were ever built.  I'd drop some coin on that.  
          Same here, I think I could easily find 10 guys (or whatever it takes) to purchase a suite.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X