seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seating

I am a student and would like to start sitting on the east side behind the UC Davis team... I have friends that have told me that they were asked to leave and go to the student section (maybe because they were yelling at the other team) but, are there rules saying that large groups of students shouldnt sit over there?
    I want to try and get a large student croud over there so we can help get in the heads of the team and show them that they are playing away.

Re: seating

I think it would be a great idea, not sure of the rules, though.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Perhaps it was because the Pride was throwing their used apple cores at the opposing team at one time?
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Well, they aren't going to be able to tell you to move to the student section on Saturday because the student section will be overflowing.

Comment

Originally posted by backyardrabbit
          I am a student and would like to start sitting on the east side behind the UC Davis team... I have friends that have told me that they were asked to leave and go to the student section (maybe because they were yelling at the other team) but, are there rules saying that large groups of students shouldnt sit over there?
          I want to try and get a large student croud over there so we can help get in the heads of the team and show them that they are playing away.
          I am not sure if any changes have been made this year, but the two or three sections on the east side 50 yard line are sold as reserved reserved seats at reserved ticket prices. I think that these seats are reserve may have been the reason you were asked to leave and return to the student section. Tommorrow I would expect those who purchased the tickets will want to sit in their seats.

I dont think this heckling works. We have to beat our opponents on the field. Frankly the cowbell section at basketball games have given a rude appearence that I am not proud of. Would you like our guys and gals being treated in this manner when they are on the road?

Comment

they are and much worse!
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I would say this. There is good heckling and there is bad heckling. The student's in the student section at NDSU are idiots. Its a constant barrage of hey 65 you're fat or hey 27 why aren't you playing or hey you suck.

Now go to Georgia Southern and they were funny. They were constantly after guys. Knew their names. And said some funny things. I am a firm believer in this kind of disruption.

On the road for football Montana State, Cal Poly and NDSU were the worst of the dumb people. Georgia Southern, was about the only one that stood out as good from my memory.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

The Fanaddicts is looking at organizing a group meeting and electing officers and stuff.  This is one of the issues I have brought up, if we get a lot of students to move over there on their own and convince the other students this is a good spot to heckle the other team than lets do this.  Let's stop being so nice to the opposing teams.  Students can sit where they want no one is forcing you to sit in the southwest part of the stands.  Lets start a movement.

Comment

I have thought for a long time that the band and students should be placed behind the opposing team. Not only for disturbance purposes but I would be the band would sound a lot better to the folks sitting on the west side if the band was facing them rather than down from them.
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
                    I have thought for a long time that the band and students should be placed behind the opposing team. Not only for disturbance purposes but I would be the band would sound a lot better to the folks sitting on the west side if the band was facing them rather than down from them.
                    That's fine once they build the east stands to the stadium and have a decent concession stand and real restrooms for that side of the stadium. I think it would reflect poorly on SDSU and the athletic department if they sent all the students to the side of the stadium that wasn't modern or adequate......

Comment

What part of the current stadium could be considered modern or adequate?

-Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                        [quote author=eqguy link=1161883513/0#8 date=1161892926]I have thought for a long time that the band and students should be placed behind the opposing team.  Not only for disturbance purposes but I would be the band would sound a lot better to the folks sitting on the west side if the band was facing them rather than down from them.
                        That's fine once they build the east stands to the stadium and have a decent concession stand and real restrooms for that side of the stadium. I think it would reflect poorly on SDSU and the athletic department if they sent all the students to the side of the stadium that wasn't modern or adequate......[/quote]
                        Remember SDSU can't force the students to sit places, but if the students decide to sit on the other side of the field that would be awesome. I offer this change to any students who frequent the board. Meet and sit behind the opponent's bench and be loud.

Comment

Scoreboards???

Comment

I'll give you that cactus and also the paving underneath the stadium.

-Leo Rosten

Comment

I guess the intent of my post was not to bash CAS but to say that there isn't that much of a difference putting the students on the east rather than keeping them on the west. For seating/concession and restroom options it really doesn't matter where the students sit if the place is full.
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X