Come to the Pavillion Friday Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come to the Pavillion Friday Night!

Announcing the first Completely Unofficial SDSUFans.com Very Informal Friday Night Mixer!

Starting at 5:30, continuing until, well, whenever.

Didn't get an invite to the Distinguished Alumni Banquet being held Friday night just down the hall in the Brookings Inn? Feel the need to slip out of the banquet and have a bit more fun? Or just need to stop in before the Banquet and meet all of the undistinguished alumni before you rub shoulders with those Distinguished ones? <grin>

Stop by at the Pavillion in the Brookings Inn Friday evening, starting somewhere around 5:30, to begin the final countdown to kickoff. We'll probably be on the bar side, but who knows?

Filbert will be the guy in the white SDSUFans.com polo shirt. Please RSVP to this thread so I'll have some idea how many seats to try to save.

(This invitation is not endorsed or recognized by South Dakota State University, Stu Whitney, or any USD fan. Although all of those folks are welcome, too--especially Stu! Don't drink and drive, or do anything else too dumb to tell your parents, or your children. Offer not valid in Davis, California. Apply directly to the forehead.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Come to the Pavillion Friday Night!

Hey, if any Aggie AGS posters make it out to SD, share some good rib(bing) and tailgating!!! ;D

The play on the field is likely to be awesome! Enjoy the Jacks, create a HUGE CROWD and thump them Aggies!!!!

Wish I could make it back, but changing jobs, and moving SW FL back to DC area makes that impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
      Announcing the first Completely Unofficial SDSUFans.com Very Informal Friday Night Mixer!

Didn't get an invite to the Distinguished Alumni Banquet being held Friday night just down the hall in the Brookings Inn?  Feel the need to slip out of the banquet and have a bit more fun?  Or just need to stop in before the Banquet and meet all of the undistinguished alumni before you rub shoulders with those Distinguished ones?  <grin>
      Considering that I'm completely UN-distinguised, I'll be there! HEAD ON!!!

BTW, I'm interviewing the new voice of SportsMax, Mike Henriksen, Saturday morning at 9:00 AM on AM 1390, KJAM. I'll try and say nice stuff about you guys!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Got an invite to the banquet but would rather be at Filbert's party!! Not sure I can make it to either but will definitely try.

As for Mike_H, I have no doubt he is a great guy, no doubt. I just think he could be a better guy about SDSU and their aspirations as a DI university. Maybe, in the end, he will be right and this was the wrong move for the wrong reasons. Clearly, I am in full support. As a media member he could do a better job being objective about SDSU, again, just my opinion.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll be there wearing what I dunno, but if I happen to stumble in please forgive me.

Comment

Family function early, it will be later before I and the Mrs. arrive.

Go State!

Comment

I'll do my best to be there, might not be till maybe 7 or 8.

Comment

I'm as UN-distinguished as anyone and more so than most, so I'd really like to join the party.   [smiley=beer.gif] Unfortunately I have to work on Saturday.  I'm going to try to make it to the Wm Penn game and to Fargo.  The only game I've made it to so far was the first one, so I don't have a very good record :-[, but  I plan on finishing 2-1. ;D

GO JACKS
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

I'm counting five confirmed board members, a number of "gee-I-wish," plus a small number of lurkers and non-board members who will, or might show up.

Enough for a party, I think!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll be there with "cow" bells on! LOL
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I won't be making the trip up this weekend. Circumstances here are preventing me from getting back. I'll be listening to WNAX from kickoff to the final horn. Everyone at the party have a beer for me!
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Guys, I have to do the 5:00 news on our AM station, so I'm going to be a little late coming up... Say 6:30-7:00 or so.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                        X