Tickets for Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets for Students

I'm an SDSU student and me and a bunch of friends are going up for the game next weekend. We went last year and it was a blast to say the least. But we payed for our tickets last year. Obviously it is just 15-20 bucks but if I can save all of us a combine $150 or so, it would be fantastic. Does the school give out free tickets to students from visiting schools??? Or does SDSU let kids get tickets???

Re: Tickets for Students

20 dollars for the STUDENT FAN BUS up there which includes bus fare and game tickets. Otherwise, I'm sure you could go up to the ticket office or the Student's Association to find out more info.

Comment

Great idea but we're visiting friends that go to school up there. Thank you though. Anyone else know??

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
        I'm an SDSU student and me and a bunch of friends are going up for the game next weekend. We went last year and it was a blast to say the least. But we payed for our tickets last year. Obviously it is just 15-20 bucks but if I can save all of us a combine $150 or so, it would be fantastic. Does the school give out free tickets to students from visiting schools??? Or does SDSU let kids get tickets???
        I am a parent of an SDSU student. If my daughter/son wrote that message, I would first respond: "me and a bunch of friends...."? Try: A bunch of friends and I.... Payed? Try "paid".

The answer: No, NDSU does not give out free tickets to students from visiting school. Another post suggested you ride the fan bus...that is the best "deal" for the cost of transportation and a ticket. If you drive up with your bunch of friends, you will have to purchase a ticket at the door.

Yell loudly (it's an adverb).

Go Jacks.

Comment

I suppose I should apologize for the wrong use of the English language...but...I don't really care. We were discussing this during class the other day about how we type how we speak and make our corrections later for the final draft of our papers. So I'm just going to take that with a grain of salt and hope that you're an English teacher or something. But in reality, all I wanted was to know if we could get free tickets for the game. But anyways...thanks for the info. I'll pass that on to "me and my friends".

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
            I suppose I should apologize for the wrong use of the English language...but...I don't really care. We were discussing this during class the other day about how we type how we speak and make our corrections later for the final draft of our papers. So I'm just going to take that with a grain of salt and hope that you're an English teacher or something. But in reality, all I wanted was to know if we could get free tickets for the game. But anyways...thanks for the info. I'll pass that on to "me and my friends".
            Nothing in life is free. Two years ago NDSU played in Brookings. A large number of Students from NDSU filled the east bleachers. Can you imagine what the HPER budget would have looked like if all those students had been admitted to the game free? There are very few things in life that are free. Many things and objects may appear to be free, but usually there is a string that is attached to an obligation. I will not pick on your English, since I took the remedial test to get my Degree from SDSU many years ago. I am sure you are a very fine young person and good luck with your life after SDSU. Remember you can go anywhere from SDSU, its just that it has a price and an obligation. I am off to the NDSU offical site to get ticket info, and it should not cost me all that much.

Comment

If I was a student at SDSU and didn't want to pay to get in to the NDSU game, I probably would NOT call those friends of mine from NDSU and tell them to start asking around for people who are not going to the game. Then I would see if that friend could make arrangements for use of those students' student ID's to gain entrance into the game (assuming it's free for students to get into the game). There are always students going home for the weekend who will not be attending the game. You may be stuck sitting with NDSU fans, but you'd have good seats and they would be free. You may want to grease the skids a bit by offering a beer (if the proper age, of course) to those who lent you their IDs. Again, I would NOT do what I mentioned above because that would be taking advantage of NDSU and that would be wrong. So, ignore my post.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Call 701-231-NDSU for tickets, you can pay with a credit card by phone, and pick up your tickets on the East side of the dome at the will-call desk the day of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan1
                  Call 701-231-NDSU for tickets, you can pay with a credit card by phone, and pick up your tickets on the East side of the dome at the will-call desk the day of the game.
                  Right, do that. Definitely don't do what I suggested. I was talking crazy.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    If I was a student at SDSU and didn't want to pay to get in to the NDSU game, I probably would NOT call those friends of mine from NDSU and tell them to start asking around for people who are not going to the game.  Then I would see if that friend could make arrangements for use of those students' student ID's to gain entrance into the game (assuming it's free for students to get into the game).  There are always students going home for the weekend who will not be attending the game.  You may be stuck sitting with NDSU fans, but you'd have good seats and they would be free.  You may want to grease the skids a bit by offering a beer (if the proper age, of course) to those who lent you their IDs.  Again, I would NOT do what I mentioned above because that would be taking advantage of NDSU and that would be wrong.  So, ignore my post.  
                    I think this game will be a sellout. I don't think you wll find to many students willing to give up an ID as most will be attending the game.

Comment

I should clarify and say those students who have attended games in the past that are interested in football anyway. I still expect a sellout. Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker
                        I should clarify and say those students who have attended games in the past that are interested in football anyway.  I still expect a sellout.  Should be a great game.

Agreed. Should be a sellout. I was merely mentioning something that occurred once or twice while I was a student. Of course, I was not personally involved because I was on the straight and narrow, but I heard this sort of thing happened at both schools. Again, just what I heard.

Comment

MJA.
                          I also heard rumours of students sneeking in flasks full of beverages other than soda pop. I can't imagine anyone ever trying something like that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                            MJA.
                            I also heard rumours of students sneeking in flasks full of beverages other than soda pop. I can't imagine anyone ever trying something like that.
                            I hope that no one would want to sneak a flask of soda pop into the stadium; might as well be something good, like some of bluehatman's Crown Royal or perhaps some of Captain Morgan's Private Stock .

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                              [quote author=bisonbacker link=1163388462/0#10 date=1163445767]I should clarify and say those students who have attended games in the past that are interested in football anyway.  I still expect a sellout.  Should be a great game.

Agreed.  Should be a sellout.  I was merely mentioning something that occurred once or twice while I was a student.  Of course, I was not personally involved because I was on the straight and narrow, but I heard this sort of thing happened at both schools.  Again, just what I heard.  [/quote]

FWIW- sometimes they will check the photo on the ID, as well as scanning it.

Try calling the Bison ticket office (701)234-NDSU. If it's truly a 'bunch of friends', you may be able to get a group discount. Just make sure you konw how many tickets will be needed when you call.

Comment

Working...
                              X