• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardoes in the Collegian

Nice story about Andy:

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/media/s...ucollegian.com

Kardoes shines as QB, leader
    At the heart of the Jacks' belief strategy is Andy Kardoes - a dedicated leader who won't quit.

Jackelyn Severin

Off the field, Jackrabbit quarterback Andy Kardoes is a soft-spoken horticulture major who has a predilection for video games. On the field, this 6-foot-3-inch senior turns on his competitive side, showing South Dakota State University fans, teammates and coaches that he has what it takes to be a great leader.

"I had no idea how hard [being a student athlete] was going to be," Kardoes said.

Along with the rest of his teammates, he must divide his time between watching film, studying and four-and-a-half hours of practice every day.

"You learn to make use of your time," he said.

During the season, Kardoes is forced to cut out one of his favorite activities - video games.

"It's been tough, but worth it," he said.

That sacrifice has paid off in particular instances, like when the Jacks beat University of California-Davis during the Oct. 28 game.

Kardoes said he would never forget throwing the winning touchdown pass to his best friend and roommate, wide receiver Dusty Snyders.

"Hobo Day of my senior year will be something I will remember for the rest of my life," said Kardoes. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Kardoes in the Collegian

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...cal/124132.txt
    South Dakota State has won seven straight football games on such things as clutch kicking and second-half surges. In one game, quarterback Andy Kardoes had to make a quick run to the emergency room before leading his team to victory.

The SDSU senior was diagnosed on the sideline with a broken jaw after taking a hit under the chinstrap in the Sept. 30 game against McNeese State.

"It busted open my chin pretty good," Kardoes recalled. "It was locked."

With his pads still on, Kardoes was taken to the emergency room at a Lake Charles, La., hospital, where X-rays were negative. So he was whisked back to the stadium, where the Jackrabbits were trailing 17-6.

Kardoes said a McNeese State student trainer drove him across the city.

"It was pretty crazy. I give him credit," Kardoes said

Comment

Working...
    X