No announcement yet.

SDSU football and Fans = 1 Class Act!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU football and Fans = 1 Class Act!!

I would like to congratulate SDSU football players, coaches and fans. You are a class act! I was totally impressed with your team and how the team and fans carried yourselves at Fargo today. Especially how many of your fans stayed in their seats after the game for the trophy presentation. Or maybe it was just your way of one last hurrah for your team. Whatever, I felt it was class all the way. Some of our fans can certainly take lessons from you!
    Great season the Jacks had and certainly looking forward to coming down to your house next year! (glad it was not this year as the Marker and the GW trophy would probably be staying in Brookings tonight as homefield seemed to be the only advantage the Herd may have had tonight)
    Once again, congratulations!!!

Re: SDSU football and Fans = 1 Class Act!!

Thanks Bizon1, I was at the game, but after White ran that kick off return in and with 3.20 to go, I thought it might be a good time to come down from row EE for some real air. I had WDAY on during the game.

A compliment that I heard from Phil Hansen who is an expert of the game of football and was former great at NDSU and Buffalo Bills, said this: This is the most complete SDSU team I have seen since doing these broadcasts." Even though we did not get a win, that made feel good that Phil would say that as I see our program going in the right direction. If we can retain our assistants who work very hard as a group, it will good season next year. The athletes that are coming back will continue to be complete. I think we did not read ALL the plays like we could have, and I give the Bison coaches credit for finding the kinks in our armour.

Comment

I think both coaching staffs found kinks in the others armour. I agree also with Phil's assesment of your team. We had some defensive secondary breakdowns that had they not happened this game would not have been nearly as exciting which I could have done without very nicely thanks. Both teams are improving and both have some work to do as well. Here's to one more season in purgatory and then its hopefully playoff time baby.

Comment

I completely agree with 1bizon1 that the whole SDSU program (fans included) is nothing but class. Same can be said about the Bison program. Congrats to the Jacks on the great season and congrats to the Bison on their GWFC Championship. I hope that the Jacks and Bison stick it out in the GWFC, the number 1 ranked I-AA conference.

Comment

I say congrats to this team on a job well done. After losing to DIII Wisconsin- Lacrosse, this team stayed together, played together and ended the season on a high note. This was a great season and great team to watch. Here's to next year!!!!

Comment

I was impressed with how vocal the SDSU fans were.  I remember after one of the lead changing SDSU touchdowns on the north end, the Jack fans began a very loud S   D   S   U chant.  All I could do was scowel in that direction luckily the LET'S GO BISON chant started.

What an exciting game and top notch environment!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Comment

I was at the game and was impressed with the facility and game atmosphere. After the trek to my seats in EE and releasing my Sherpa, I enjoyed a great game.
              I am not into moral victories, but if you are, this was one for our Jacks. Hands down a great set of teams playing a great game.
              If we can get one of our QB's to step up, we will be truly great next year again. We can build a rep, but it takes time. We certainly have caught a few people's attention. We just need to follow through and fill those 63 scholies with the right people..........

Go Jacks!!!!!
              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

It was everything I expected! Everything said so far is right on the mark. Both teams left it all out there. Both are very good football teams.

Couldnt find a better game or a better bunch of people. Its always been that way with SDSU. Competitive, repsectful and fun for all. Cant wait for next year and a much anticipated, and might I say, very long wait to get back to my favorite stadium outside of Fargo.

We all joined in when the Jacks left the field. Great Game Jacks!!!!
                www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

What can you say. SDSU came out in full force, their team, their fans and their never say die attitude. That was truly a great environment for the game, made better by the awesome cheering of the SDSU Fans. We sat real close to you guys in Section 21 and to me on you were loud. My only hope is that we were louder :P

Your team has a lot of talent and heart. What an enjoyable game from a fan of college football's perspective. Both teams battling, hitting hard, trying to do that one little thing that will help their team towards a win. The game was truly closer then the final score. In fact special teams really were the difference.

What a great game by both teams. I truly understand how you guys made it to 3-1 in the conference. I hope you all continue to grow your team and fan base, its good for both schools when we have sold out stadiums for our games. I know I am going to road trip to SDSU for next years game.

My writing skills aren't the best, but I hope that all SDSU feels the pride in their program that NDSU fans have for ours. Saturday, on the field, the Jackrabbits of SDSU earned some serious respect from all of NDSU and their fans.
                  A proud member of TOHBTC

Comment

Hats off to the SDSU players, coaches, and fans! [smiley=beer.gif] In the four years that I've been at NDSU, that was definatly one of the best games that I've attentded, even beating the final UND/NDSU game. With this being probably my last year at NDSU, it was a great game to end on.

It was a slug fest from both teams. Coming into the game I honestly didn't know who would come up with the win. And up to the last 5 minutes or so, I still didn't know. You guys played your guts out on the turf. I noticed in another thread that someone believed that the Bison didn't "win" or "deserve" the game becuase SDSU didn't play at their best. Let me tell you, from what I could tell, that couldn't be farther than the truth. That was one hell of a game.

As partaning to the fans, your fans are definatly some of the most respectful I have seen. I do want to mention a few things that were said between SDSU people and myself, though. I'm in the NDSU band and I got both sides of the field (respectful/disrespectful) from Jacks, which can be expected anywhere I guess. When the band was going under the Jacks fan's part of the Dome after marching in, a few of the fans sprouted out something to the effect of "You're not the pride, go home." First, its one thing to disrespect a team, but a marching band? Come on. I know many of XDSU fan love the bands, but there are always few bad apples out there. Second, we were home. lol On the other side of the spectrum - when I was getting off of the field after halftime and said "good luck tonight" to one of the SD players on the sideline, and he said "You, too. ....You guys (the band) did a great job out there." As I said before, from a band member's point of view, the Jacks are some of the most respectful people out there. A lot more than a school who's name I won't mention (it rhyms with "Rontana&quot.

All in all, it was an awesome game. Definatly making the trip down south next year - whether I'm a student or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday
                      I was at the game and was impressed with the facility and game atmosphere.  After the trek to my seats in EE and releasing my Sherpa, I enjoyed a great game.   
                      I usually sit in the double-letter seats so, as a veteran, let me give you some tips. First, if you get your seats in the Team Makers section, you don't need to bring your own oxygen as you can take the occasional sip off one of The Liviing Dead's O2 lines ("Hey, look in section 33! Some punk is standing up!" always distracts them). Second, establish a base camp halfway up by finding out who has tickets in the same section... when you get to their seats, stop and chat a little.

Don't charge up the stairs like some rookie. Be slow and deliberate and be sure of that at least one foot and one hand are well-positioned before taking each step. In fifteen years of making the Section 34 run, I've only lost one guy (and, frankly, that was just nature doing her job).

Comment

Working...
                      X