Great Game....Great SDSU Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Game....Great SDSU Team

I want to express my opinion that SDSU was one of the top 2 teams that NDSU played this year.  It's my opinion that the Jackrabbits were a better team than Minnesota.  

The game on Saturday night came down to a couple of big plays.  It could have gone either way.

I was thoroughly impressed with your defense, the offensive line, and the passing game.  SDSU is the only team that really gave us a hard time when we tried to run up the middle.

I realize that moral victories don't mean much in this situation, but if there ever was a situation where a moral victory means something, this would be one.  It's my opinion that both teams would make some real noise in the playoffs this year.  The 5-year probationary period isn't fair.  Most I-AA programs that got in earlier didn't have a waiting period.

My family and I lived in Brookings for 7 years in the 90s, and we became Jackrabbit fans.  But having grown up in a small town near Fargo, it was hard to get rid of the green and gold fever.  

I'd like to comment on your A.D., Mr. Fred Oien (spelling?).  I had a few professional contacts with him while we lived in Brookings, and he is a 'class act' that deserves major support for making the move up to D-I.  

It's obvious that we have a new rivalry that's real.  The media up in Fargo has made fun of it for a few years, but they won't be anymore.  But I hope that it never becomes like NDSU's 'hate' relationship with UND.  Let's all keep it as civil as possible.  There will be years when it's your turn to write this letter....and I would imagine that in other sports this year SDSU will get the better end of the deal.

Great SDSU team....and a great game.  Again....the Rabbits were BETTER than Minnesota.  NDSU 'had to' play a much better game to defeat SDSU.  

Got a feeling both teams will be in the playoffs in the coming few years.  

We're the two best teams in the best football conference in I-AA......not bad.  

It should have been a 'tie.'

Re: Great Game....Great SDSU Team

Nice sentiment Ca. I do agree that I would much rather have a civil rivalry that the type we both have had with other competitors during our pasts.

This game went a long way to earning SDSU respect up in Fargo. I think that for most of this transition we have been looked at like a little brother more than a competitor. We have a long way to go to get the money and facilities that you have up there in Fargo, but we will close the gap. I think that in the next few years, with the talent that we have waiting in the wings and the push to 63 scholies the rivalry will really heat up. I can't wait till next November when these two teams meet in the great outdoors of Coughlin Alumni Stadium.

Thank goodness for mens and womens bball, wrestling, baseball and softball, we still have about 13 more chances to beat you!
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Thanks for the kind words CaBisonFan, the respect is mutual. Congrats on the great season!

Comment

I don't post over here much, but I have to give cudos to the Jacks and the great team you have at SDSU! What a battle for the conference title! Maybe someday we will fight it out for the Gateway Title.

Ain't it great to be DI!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X