Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranek rounds into form

Toronto Star article:
    "He's just a tough little guy who got tired of hearing all his life that he was too small and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

"I think every short guy in the world plays that way."
    . . .
    Ranek's return to top form comes when the Ticat-Argo rivalry is spiced up by the battle for third place in the East Division. Over the next four weeks, the teams clash three times.

Ranek said he's beginning to feel the intensity of the rivalry.
    . . .
    he said he experienced a similar keen rivalry while he was at South Dakota State. The Jackrabbits were just as eager to put it to the University of South Dakota Coyotes.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Ranek rounds into form

Ranek was just amazing! He always fell forward when tackled and was one step faster than whoever was chasing him. It was a real treat to watch him play! Plus, he's an even better guy off the field!

It's great to see him having success!

Keep it up, Josh!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Rename Ranek Contest

Looks like Josh is in the market for a new nickname up north.

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?modul...&nid=10784

Here are some of the submission on am 900 in Hamilton (http://www.900chml.com/station/ticat...site.cfm?fdr=1)

Reckin-Ball Ranek  
      J. RAW  
      THE STEELTOWN STORM  
      CRUNCH  
      The Battering Ram  
      The Ram Bam Man  
      Wham Bam  
      Sonic Ranek  
      Supersonic  
      Razor  
      Little Big Man  
      Rocket  
      Little ball of gain  
      Joltin Josh  
      Steel Town Bullet  
      Hamilton's Little Rascal  
      RICOCHET  
      Road Runner  
      No Panic Ranek  
      RUMBLE TUMBLE  
      Chronic Ranek  
      Ramjet  
      Firefly  
      Wrecking Crew  
      Supersonic Ranek  
      Thumper  
      The Hammer  
      Razor  
      Rocket  
      Rock-em Ranek  

I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

i like this one....

The Jackrabbit.

Comment

Not real likely, but wouldn't it be great to see Josh get picked up by a team like the Jets right now who are in desparate need for a running back as Curtis Martin is ailing and their trade with Cleveland for Lee Suggs fell through the other day.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
            Not real likely, but wouldn't it be great to see Josh get picked up by a team like the Jets right now who are in desparate need for a running back as Curtis Martin is ailing and their trade with Cleveland for Lee Suggs fell through the other day.
            Was thinking the same thing but it probably wouldn't happen until the CFL season is done.  Unfortunately, the Grey Cup isn't until November 19th which makes it hard to jump back to the NFL.  I'm wondering if players in the CFL have clauses in their contract that allow them to jump to the NFL?

Trivia fact:  Former SDSU Football Coach John Gregory coached two teams in the CFL and won the Grey Cup!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure alot of the CFL players have clauses which allow them to get picked up by an NFL team. I'm guessing that with more established players and with bigger salaries, those clauses get negotiated out, but I remember hearing that Ranek's original deal had a clause that let him go back to the NFL if someone gave him a shot.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1155655269/0#4 date=1155754098]Not real likely, but wouldn't it be great to see Josh get picked up by a team like the Jets right now who are in desparate need for a running back as Curtis Martin is ailing and their trade with Cleveland for Lee Suggs fell through the other day.
                Was thinking the same thing but it probably wouldn't happen until the CFL season is done.  Unfortunately, the Grey Cup isn't until November 19th which makes it hard to jump back to the NFL.  I'm wondering if players in the CFL have clauses in their contract that allow them to jump to the NFL?

Trivia fact:  Former SDSU Football Coach John Gregory coached two teams in the CFL and won the Grey Cup!

SUPERBUNNY
                [/quote]

I will take a shot. Diesel coached the team in Regina Sasckatchewan that wore dark green jerseys. Before scrambling came along, I could get a several Canadian tv channels on the big old C band dish and used to John a great deal coaching.  The other team I don't have a clue. Maybe Ranek's current team Hamilton

Comment

Re: Rename Ranek Contest

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                  Looks like Josh is in the market for a new nickname up north.

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?modul...&nid=10784

Here are some of the submission on am 900 in Hamilton (http://www.900chml.com/station/ticat...site.cfm?fdr=1)

Reckin-Ball Ranek  
                  J. RAW  
                  THE STEELTOWN STORM  
                  CRUNCH  
                  The Battering Ram  
                  The Ram Bam Man  
                  Wham Bam  
                  Sonic Ranek  
                  Supersonic  
                  Razor  
                  Little Big Man  
                  Rocket  
                  Little ball of gain  
                  Joltin Josh  
                  Steel Town Bullet  
                  Hamilton's Little Rascal  
                  RICOCHET  
                  Road Runner  
                  No Panic Ranek  
                  RUMBLE TUMBLE  
                  Chronic Ranek  
                  Ramjet  
                  Firefly  
                  Wrecking Crew  
                  Supersonic Ranek  
                  Thumper  
                  The Hammer  
                  Razor  
                  Rocket  
                  Rock-em Ranek  

I'll still like Little Ball of Hate. Why does he need a new nickname anyway? Out of the list I like CRUNCH and The Hammer.

Comment

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats released running back Josh Ranek, the CFL club announced Thursday.

Ranek was a high-profile free agent signed by the Tiger-Cats in the off-season, but he was plagued by injuries during the 2006 campaign.

He posted three 1,000-yard seasons with the Ottawa Renegades from 2003 to 2005, but rushed for just 343 yards in 12 games for Hamilton this season.

His last game for the Tiger-Cats was on Labour Day, when he suffered a season-ending leg injury.

The release "was basically for financial reasons going into next year," Tiger-Cats rookie general manager Marcel Desjardins told the Hamilton Spectator.
                    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2006/...k.html?ref=rss

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                      The Hamilton Tiger-Cats released running back Josh Ranek, the CFL club announced Thursday.

Ranek was a high-profile free agent signed by the Tiger-Cats in the off-season, but he was plagued by injuries during the 2006 campaign.

He posted three 1,000-yard seasons with the Ottawa Renegades from 2003 to 2005, but rushed for just 343 yards in 12 games for Hamilton this season.

His last game for the Tiger-Cats was on Labour Day, when he suffered a season-ending leg injury.

The release "was basically for financial reasons going into next year," Tiger-Cats rookie general manager Marcel Desjardins told the Hamilton Spectator.
                      http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2006/...k.html?ref=rss
                      This actually happened a month or so ago. Sounds like the injury bug and the CFL enforcing the salary cap ended his run in Hamilton. I would guess another team will pick him up during the off season.

Comment

I like the "Hardened Hare".

Comment

Working...
                        X