Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson

Has he been looked at by NFL teams? And what kept him from being the starter?

He seems like a complete back to me.

Re: Watson

I'm not sure if he's talked to any NFL scouts or not, but I sat next to his Mom on Hobo Day and she said Anthony was planning on attending the NFL Combine in Atlanta, GA.
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by tony
      Has he been looked at by NFL teams? And what kept him from being the starter?

He seems like a complete back to me.
      Koenig and he both are quality backs. Watson has had some off the field difficulties, nothing major but just enough to affect his playing time last year and this year. I asked the same question last year and this year and thats the explanation I was given.

I think Anthony is great. I wish him the best.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think Watson's style has change a bit and like tony commented, he's now the complete back. When I first watched him play, he danced around a lot more and it was extremely effective against the D-II opponents. As we faced tougher, faster defenses, Watson adapted and became more of a run straight, hit-the-hole-fast-back (like Koenig). I hope he gets a good look by the pro's...he can be very difficult to bring down.

We're going to miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
          We're going to miss him.
          ++++++very true.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks, Anthony. You've been a lot of fun to watch. Good luck in the CFL or beyond -- wherever you go from here.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I'll second that, good luck Watson.

Comment

Working...
              X