Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heiden Update.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/recap?gameId=20060826002
    Browns beat the Buffalo Bills this past weekend.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - The original plan was to limit Browns receiver Braylon Edwards to six plays so he could test his surgically repaired right knee for the first time this preseason.

Then he made his first catch and took his first hit without flinching. By the second quarter, Edwards had taken off his protective brace and demanded more in Cleveland's 20-17 win over the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night.

Coach Romeo Crennel wasn't about to stop Edwards.

"That's the reason we wanted to get him in there and give him a chance to get hit," Crennel said. "I think he took the hit well."

Saturday, Edwards entered the game as a backup and made his lone catch on his second play from scrimmage: a 9-yard reception on third down when Charlie Frye found him open over the middle.

Edwards turned up field and dragged two defenders before Jabari Greer tackled him at the Bills 2. The Browns scored on the next play when Frye threw a touchdown pass to Steve Heiden.

Re: Heiden Update.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6225424
    Steve Heiden Game Hero? Cleveland Beats Kansas City.
    With Cleveland down by 14, Anderson first hooked up with Steve Heiden for a 6-yard score to pull the Browns within 28-21.

Cleveland's defense, dissected by Green for most of the afternoon, finally forced a punt and Anderson drove the Browns to a tying score, hitting Heiden from 3 yards to tie it with 35 seconds left.

Comment

Good to see a Jackrabbit be a big playmaker (and help out an inexperienced QB) in the 4th quarter of a comeback win.

Comment

The Man Known As Heiden, aka the Most Underrated Tight End in the NFL.

Comment

A little OT here but does anyone know what Scott Connot is up to these days? I noticed #44 (Jarrad Page I think) was trying to cover Heiden in the above picture. I believe Connot was competing against Page for a roster spot.

Comment

I saw Scott at the UC-Davis game but didn't get a chance to talk to him.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
            X