Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fargo Dome Copy

Since the other thread was locked:

My brother and I had a chuckle after hearing on the Vikes telecast: PA "That's another Vikings" Crowd "First Down" and after they score, the same blasts as they had in Fargo.

That just proves my point that the experience is more akin to a Pro game than a classic college football matchup. Right or wrong, like or dislike.

Also, scared and annoying are two totally seperate emotions.

Re: Fargo Dome Copy

A ton of college schools do the first down thing and/or the 3rd down thing on defense. Many also have the cannons/fireworks after touchdowns and the pregame intros. Like it or not its probably going to be a part of college football for a while.

Comment

One time in junior high I caught a pass for a first down. Exciting day for me. I think my coach was happy. I know I was. I was a TE. Wore number 99 in honor of Dan Hampton. I was skinny.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        One time in junior high I caught a pass for a first down.  Exciting day for me.  I think my coach was happy.  I know I was.  I was a TE.  Wore number 99 in honor of Dan Hampton.  I was skinny.
        ;D ;D ;DROFL That made my day. Thanks for the humor MJA. Now get you a$$ back to SD for a basketball or football game .

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison
          A ton of college schools do the first down thing and/or the 3rd down thing on defense. Many also have the cannons/fireworks after touchdowns and the pregame intros. Like it or not its probably going to be a part of college football for a while.

i was at the gopher/iowa game a week ago and they did the same thing. the 1st down thing and the cannon after a TD. the "its another gopher 1st down thing, really got annoying. although the student section then did a little thing in unison, which made it kind of cool.

Comment

Wow, sounds like it's a widespread annoyance

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
              [quote author=FargoBison link=1164640167/0#1 date=1164648263]A ton of college schools do the first down thing and/or the 3rd down thing on defense. Many also have the cannons/fireworks after touchdowns and the pregame intros. Like it or not its probably going to be a part of college football for a while.

i was at the gopher/iowa game a week ago and they did the same thing. the 1st down thing and the cannon after a TD. the "its another gopher 1st down thing, really got annoying. although the student section then did a little thing in unison, which made it kind of cool. [/quote]

Well, atleast that pesky "first down" chant wasn't too much of a problem most of this season for the Gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                One time in junior high I caught a pass for a first down. Exciting day for me. I think my coach was happy. I know I was. I was a TE. Wore number 99 in honor of Dan Hampton. I was skinny.

Why don't I get that reference?

Comment

Why don't I get that reference?
                  Maybe your sarcasm detector is shut off

For those of us that are jumping on the first down. Don't forget that the pride does their little first down chant and music playing after each one of ours. I would love to see the announcer say "another Jackrabbit" right before the Pride starts.

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
                    [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1164640167/0#2 date=1164648722]One time in junior high I caught a pass for a first down.  Exciting day for me.  I think my coach was happy.  I know I was.  I was a TE.  Wore number 99 in honor of Dan Hampton.  I was skinny.

Why don't I get that reference?[/quote]

Just me being a sarcastic bassbowl. I think the cannon and announcer are a bit much, but probably wouldn't if I was a bison fan. I didn't feel like writing that, so I just put down something completely irrelevant instead.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
                      [quote author=FargoBison link=1164640167/0#1 date=1164648263]A ton of college schools do the first down thing and/or the 3rd down thing on defense. Many also have the cannons/fireworks after touchdowns and the pregame intros. Like it or not its probably going to be a part of college football for a while.

i was at the gopher/iowa game a week ago and they did the same thing.  the 1st down thing and the cannon after a TD.  the "its another gopher 1st down thing, really got annoying.  although the student section then did a little thing in unison, which made it kind of cool.  [/quote]

The student section at the Fargodome also has a little chant after each first down. I usually sit in that section and cheer right along with. That would likely explain why I don't get annoyed when it is said. If I wasn't chanting along I can see how "...and that's another...first down" could get annoying after the first quarter.

Comment

I don't think I have a problem with the first down chant as much as the "THE MARCH IS ON" before kickoffs (from both sides). I never understood how the march could be on when the Bison are getting the ball and also when the visiting team is also getting the ball.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

It's something to get the fans on their feet. Hopefully that won't be a problem next year.

Comment

No it won't because the seats will be so freaking cold you won't want to sit down.
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

That's what I like to hear. I dont live in Fargo for the hot weather. I've spent my time in the cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X