X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erickson lands on AP All-America Team

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5588

Erickson lands on AP All-America Team

South Dakota State University offensive lineman Mitch Erickson has earned a spot on The Associated Press Division I-AA All-America Third Team.

A 6-foot-6, 290-pound junior from Hutchinson, Minn., Erickson has started every game in his Jackrabbit career. He has earned all-Great West Football Conference first-team honors each of the last two seasons, splitting time between guard and tackle during the 2006 season.

Erickson anchored an offensive line which allowed the Jackrabbits to average 342 yards of total offense a game. SDSU finished the season with a 7-4 record, including a runner-up finish in the Great West Football Conference.*

Erickson's selection marks the third consecutive season a Jackrabbit player has earned All-America honors at the Division I-AA (now Championship Subdivision) level. Linebacker Chris Coauette earned second-team recognition from Don Hansen's Football Gazette in 2004 and kicker Parker Douglass was a third-team selection by both The Sports Network and Football Gazette in 2005. . . . (read more)

*We also finished at #24 in the I-AA/CS poll.

Congrats to Mitch!

Go State!

Re: Erickson lands on AP All-America Team

This guy is probably the best lineman we've had here in years. If any of you have met Mitch, he's the most quiet, nice kid you could meet but put a helmet on his head and he is a beast. I hope we get a chance to see him on Sundays.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Re: Erickson lands on AP All-America Team

Totally agree with you ......Mitch is a great guy and a very good football player. Got to know him quite well. Also his parents are alot of fun and great people......He has a "little" brother who is a very good football player also in Hutchinson..

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
      X