Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montana Pre-Game Scoreboard Show(edited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Pre-Game Scoreboard Show(edited)

I took this off the AGS board.  A nice board if some of you don't know about it.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/

Here is the video that they play just before the players enter the stadium.

http://admissions.umt.edu/gallerypla...GrizNation.asx
    Push the play button. Sorry about the last link! :-/

Suppose our administration gave the "go-ahead" to use the SDSU game in the their pre-game??  I doubt it.
    Hey Grizz...Do the right thing and get your tickets booked to Brookings for Sept. 15th 2007!! >

P.S.  SDSU has got to get the big blow up helmet!!!  If for no other reason than to try and cover-up/hide the "locker-room" in the south endzone.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Montana Pre-Game Scoreboard Show(edited)

I can honestly say that I liked our intro better than this one...and I didn't like ours that much. Last years was WAY better than Montana's as well.

Comment

I know they have been in the process of getting a helmet but they are quite expensive upwards of 10,000 dollars. There might be something in place next year.

Comment

The helmet is a low-priority item, IMHO. Our football program has enough needs to be addressed before we talk about a $10K decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          The helmet is a low-priority item, IMHO. Our football program has enough needs to be addressed before we talk about a $10K decoration.
          There was talk of getting a tent/tunnel with smoke two years ago but it turned out to be very cost prohibitive. Also, there is the added concern of setting it up and taking it down so people can walk through.

I am with NightHawk, there are so many other things that are needed.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
            [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1167149505/0#3 date=1167279498]The helmet is a low-priority item, IMHO. Our football program has enough needs to be addressed before we talk about a $10K decoration.
            There was talk of getting a tent/tunnel with smoke two years ago but it turned out to be very cost prohibitive. Also, there is the added concern of setting it up and taking it down so people can walk through.

I am with NightHawk, there are so many other things that are needed.[/quote]

I believe the term for this is "sponsorship opportunity," although I agree those dollars would be better spent elsewhere.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Basically it is a sponsorship deal, just like the giant basketball Dacotah Bank I believe has at Frost.

Comment

So let me make sure I got this straight, you're saying the big inflatable helmet thingamajiggy is a sponsorship thing :-?
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I would say yes to a degree. Place a few little sponsor logos and poof, paid helmet.

Comment

Heck, if that's all it takes, let's slap some of those sponsor logos on the trailer park/meeting rooms by Coughlin. Maybe we could fix them up so they don't so darn dumpy. Or slap them on the locker room, 10, 000 $ could go a long way in their from as bad as I hear it is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                      Heck, if that's all it takes, let's slap some of those sponsor logos on the trailer park/meeting rooms by Coughlin. Maybe we could fix them up so they don't so darn dumpy. Or slap them on the locker room, 10, 000 $ could go a long way in their from as bad as I hear it is in there.
                      Not quite as appealing as the scoreboard or a large helmet the players actually run out of. It goes both ways as I suspect you understand. Its a lot easier to get money from a particular entity when the result is a direct benefit to them. I don't think I have to elaborate. We might see something like this soon.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Locker room= Recruiting

They haven't taken H.S. kids through the locker room in YEARS. Kinda tough to compete with what NDSU and many other surrouinding schools have. May not sound like a big deal but it is.

And I would agree that there is a difference between the trailer park and a helmet. The trailer park will be replaced with school funds SOMEDAY! And $10,000 is a pretty small investment, advertisers pay for that kind of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
                          Locker room= Recruiting

They haven't taken H.S. kids through the locker room in YEARS. Kinda tough to compete with what NDSU and many other surrouinding schools have. May not sound like a big deal but it is.

And I would agree that there is a difference between the trailer park and a helmet. The trailer park will be replaced with school funds SOMEDAY! And $10,000 is a pretty small investment, advertisers pay for that kind of crap.
                          Actually, no, I don't think so, due to the Board of Regents cutting off athletic facilities from state funding, as one of the requirements to be met for SDSU to go D-I.

*edit* And, in re-reading, I see that RunninRabbit said "school funds" not "state funds" like how I dyslexically read it the first time. Sigh.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What I essentially was trying to say that is I do agree that a 10,000 dollar donation could be spent on more important things like many of you said. As for the locker room and trailer park, from what I have been told by several people that spent everyday there, is that even a small investment would improve the situation. This, however, is not a facilities thread. So before the four or five moderators on this board show up, some much more legitamate than others, I will end my rant.

Comment

Locker room= Recruiting

Actually, they have taken recruits and their families through the locker room the last two seasons.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X