X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks going to the Hula Bowl

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5590

Bainbridge, Johnson invited to Hula Bowl

South Dakota State University players Neal Bainbridge and Micah Johnson have accepted invitations to play in the 61st annual Hula Bowl college football senior all-star game next month in Honolulu, Hawaii.

The Hula Bowl will be played on Jan. 14, 2007, at Aloha Stadium. The game will be televised live on ESPN starting at 7:30 p.m. Central Time.

Bainbridge, a punter from Ethan, earned honorable mention all-Great West Football Conference honors in 2006 after averaging 40.9 yards per attempt and landing 12 punts inside the opponent 20-yard line. Over his four-year career, Bainbridge averaged 41.8 yards per attempt.

Johnson, a wide receiver from Prescott, Ariz., led the Jackrabbits in all receiving categories with 44 receptions for 666 yards and five touchdowns in 2006. He also handled kickoff returns for parts of three seasons at SDSU. . . . (read more)

Go West Team!

Go State!

Re: Jacks going to the Hula Bowl

That . . . is . . . COOL!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised... congrats to Neal and Micah, when the last time Jackrabbit senoirs played in a All-Star game?

Comment

I know there have been some Jackrabbits in the Blue/Gray game and some of the other games. I think the late Doug Miller was one of them, Tetzlaff...maybe Timmerman?

Comment

Here's a nice article about Neal making it to the Hula Bowl.........

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...ction=homepage

Sports: From Ethan to NFL?
          Andy Rennecke The Daily Republic
          Published Tuesday, December 19, 2006
          BROOKINGS — One former Mitchell-area athlete has already made it to the National Football League — so why can’t another one?

South Dakota State senior punter and Ethan native Neal Bainbridge is hoping to take that next step when he will participate in the Hula Bowl college football senior all-star game next month in Honolulu, Hawaii. (read more)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
            I know there have been some Jackrabbits in the Blue/Gray game and some of the other games.  I think the late Doug Miller was one of them, Tetzlaff...maybe Timmerman?
            Tefenthaler played in the Blue Gray game in 1987 or there abouts. But recently there have been none that I can think of. I dont recall we ever had a Hula Bowl participant.

Comment

There used to be someone's helmet on display from a Blue/Gray type of game in Frost. I can't remember whose it was...I was in school from 97-01...it may have been a holdover from someone like Doug Miller or Timmerman.

Comment

Game is on tonight at 7:30 on ESPN. It will be great seeing Neil and Micah playing........

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I just saw Bainbridge punt away. 8-)

Comment

Neil just punted, about a 34 yarder, and I was in the kitchen and missed it dammit!

Comment

Neil nails a 50 yarder, thats more like it!  8-)

Comment

Neil punted again this time he boomed a 52 yarder.

Comment

Micah Johnson gets his first catch.

Comment

Micah just got a ball ripped out of his hands for an interception.

Does anybody know how the players are selected for this game?
                            Do the players have to pay for their plane tickets.

Comment

It was very fun to see the SD of our helmets out on the field yesterday. Both players rep. well and it was nice to hear the announcers just call their names and say "from South Dakota State University", rather then "tiny South Dakota State University", or something like that, as I have heard in the past. Nice job guys.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X