X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keizer signs with LA Arena League team

http://oursportscentral.com/services...es/?id=3416080

L.A. Avengers sign Rushen Jones and Paul Keizer

LOS ANGELES -- Defensive back Rushen Jones and offensive linemen Paul Keizer have signed free agent contracts with the Los Angeles Avengers, head coach Ed Hodgkiss announced today. Keizer signed a one-year deal, while Jones inked a two-year contract. . . .

Keizer (6-4, 305), who spent last summer working out with the Buffalo Bills, was a four-year letterman at South Dakota State University (Brookings, S.D.). As a senior in 2005, he earned second-team All-Great West Football Conference honors as an offensive guard. With Keizer leading the way, the Jackrabbits averaged 227 rushing yards per game. In his previous three seasons at South Dakota State, he was a tight end. Keizer also was a second-team all-conference pick at that spot after his sophomore and junior seasons.

At Boyden-Hull High School (Hull, Iowa), Keizer also played along the defensive line and finished his senior season with 16 quarterback sacks and 62 total tackles.

The Avengers will kick off their eighth season of play in the 21-year-old Arena Football League versus the San Jose SaberCats on Sunday, March 4, at STAPLES Center. The contest, which features the past two Western Division champions (Los Angeles in 2005 and San Jose in 2006), will kick off at 7 p.m. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Keizer signs with LA Arena League team

If I remember correctly, Keizer was a all-conference TE before switching to the OL his last two years. Which gives you an idea of his athletic ability he has despite his size. I have heard that he had an excellent shot with the Buffalo Bills before sustaining an injury during workouts. Good Luck to Keizer! I'm sure you'll make us all in the Jackrabbit family proud!

Comment

Re: Keizer signs with LA Arena League team

I know Paul is pretty excited about this. I believe he went out there right after christmas. Hopefully things will go well for him. It seemed his shortcomings with getting an NFL shot were that the teams didn't have enough film of him at Guard. This should give them some more film anyway.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
      X