• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: What will happen tomorrow.

I am cautiously optimistic.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Poll: What will happen tomorrow.

I'm hoping it happens tomorrow obviously but I voted that it won't be until this summer. Hope I'm wrong but thats just what I think is going to happen. To many fence riders according to all the media for me to think it will be tomorrow.

Comment

I agree with bisonbacker......I just hope that the Gateway presidents understand that they probably have a very small window of opportunity to add us to their conference.....it might close before June......

Comment

Small window? What else is there? Even with some possible additions, is the GWFC a more appealing situation with a few more teams? I'm not so sure.

Comment

Only 1 no so far, and I'm guessing that came from Mavsrule.  If it was somebody else, I'd like to hear their explanation.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think we have a good chance, and if Jeff Kolpeck's story has substance as it usually has, it sounds like a close vote and lets hope UNI puts XDSU's over the hump. A no vote would be very disappointing.  The cost of t raveling to the Dakotas every year seems kind of lame excue to make and its getting tiresome explanation to hear. D1 teams travel everywhere. The people who brouch this topic need to be educated and also we need to analyze their current schedule in terms of travelled miles. I think we would find that there is travel to other places that are further away.

Our new President with his Big Ten faculty rep experience can only help us in making our case.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
              Small window? What else is there? Even with some possible additions, is the GWFC a more appealing situation with a few more teams? I'm not so sure.
              With no changes to the GWFC or the Gateway, the Gateway is the preferred option for SDSU and NDSU. The situation could change rapidly if the Gateway doesn't move tomorrow as one or two schools (San Diego? Sac State?) could join the GWFC and UND and USD are then given invites to start play in 2009. A GWFC with eight or nine members would be hard for SDSU to leave partly because of the memorable games in the last couple years with UC-Davis and Cal Poly.

If the Gateway chooses not to add us, they'll remain at seven, but face several challenges in maintaining their membership and holding to an autobid. How come?
              1) One or two of their "weaker" programs (Indiana State and Missouri State are the typical culprits here) could opt to drop football in a few years.
              2) One of their stronger programs (Youngstown?) may opt to move up to Bowl FB in the future, like Western Kentucky has opted do.
              3) Northern Iowa may feel that the GWFC is a better fit if they can re-establish rivalries with four old NCC foes (assuming the GWFC would include the UxDs) and play a couple power teams from California.
              4) Finally, Western Illinois may decide that they would want to join their fellow Mid-Con members in the same football conference. Frankly, this is the wild card here as the Gateway would have its hand forced immediately if WIU stated that it wants to be in the same FB conference as its new Mid-Con friends........

I hope that they'll decide tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to convene in late March/ early April so the process can be concluded as soon as possible.

Comment

I flew to Springfield, MO last weekend. $301 SF to Mpls to Springfield. Didn't seem complex or costly. Springfield is an 8 hour drive that I've made several times. XDSU is much closer to MSU than than Youngstown, Ohio.

Comment

I think the Dakota schools will get in. The more I think about the stuff being said in the media is putting on a poker face.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsCountry
                    I think the Dakota schools will get in. The more I think about the stuff being said in the media is putting on a poker face.
                    I agree. I think by mid to late afternoon SDSU & NDSU will be the newest members of the Gateway.

Comment

Any under cover agents out there or has anyone talked to a fly on the wall?

Comment

Working...
                      X