X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more recruit.....

Looks like a good one.

Jackrabbits add to football recruiting class

South Dakota State University’s football recruiting class grew to 18 signees Thursday as Georgia high school standout Cole Brodie signed a National Letter of Intent.

A 5-foot-11, 195-pound all-purpose back, Brodie is expected to play defensive back and return kicks for the Jackrabbits. A first-team all-Gwinnett County selection, Brodie also was selected to play in the 2006 Georgia North/South All-Star Game. For his career, Brodie tallied 2,500 career rushing yards with 37 touchdowns at Dacula High School under the guidance of coach Kevin Maloof. His 1,200 yards rushing as a junior broke a school record previously set by Auburn (Ala.) standout Kenny Irons. He also holds the school record for longest punt return at 95 yards.

Read More:
    http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5756

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Re: One more recruit.....

Sounds like we got a heck of a nice athlete. Does anyone else have more information? What other schools were recruiting him?

Comment

Here's some more.....Scout.com 2 star
      http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=47&p=8&...mp;nid=2516606

And an article........

Dacula running back Cole Brodie is a big-time talent flying under-the-radar in the class of 2007. He is still waiting for his first offer, but interest is very high for the 5-foot-10, 180 pound running back from Dacula, Ga.

"I'm still talking with Southern Miss a good bit," said Cole Brodie. "I just talked to them on the phone the other night. It's really slowed down with it being mid-season. I guess all the colleges are busy with their schedule, but I'm probably talking to about four colleges right now."

Last week, Brodie traveled to Lynchburg, Virginia to visit Liberty University.

"I really liked Liberty," said Brodie. "They made me feel very special. I really liked the atmosphere up there. Two of my teammates from last year, Wesley Cheek and Spencer Landis are playing for them. I also visited Southern Miss after the second week. I really liked it down there as well."

After missing several games with an ankle injury,  

http://hsgeorgia.scout.com/2/584034.html
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

This is an awesome late addition.  Does anybody know how we got into Georgina.  Do we have connection?  Did Stig fly out for a house visit?  Georgia is a hot bed of football talent, with a lot of good DI FCS in the local area.  

Brodie, Erich Feller, the two guys from The Colony, and Rodkem Matthews are all listed as CB, DB, or safeties.  Should be a talented secondary in a few seasons.  I think Brodie and Mathews will be returning kicks/punts in the future as well. Of course its 1year and 7 months away before we will get to see any of thse kids play.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

If you want more info on the guy, just google him. He has his own press corps.
          Solid 4.5 back. Can't wait for football. Somebody doing a countdown yet?

Comment

Seems like a nice get late in the game.  I hope he finds SDSU to his liking.  Definitely a talented player with a lot of potential.  I like being in the hunt with the likes of Southern Miss.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow...this seems like a great addition. I think we need to give our coaching staff two thumbs up on this. One for keeping a scholarship around for this type of athlete and another for doing whatever they did to find this guy. It would be interesting to find out how this all transpired. This is two weeks after the first day of signing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday
                Looks like a good one.  

Jackrabbits add to football recruiting class

South Dakota State University’s football recruiting class grew to 18 signees Thursday as Georgia high school standout Cole Brodie signed a National Letter of Intent.

A 5-foot-11, 195-pound all-purpose back, Brodie is expected to play defensive back and return kicks for the Jackrabbits. A first-team all-Gwinnett County selection, Brodie also was selected to play in the 2006 Georgia North/South All-Star Game. For his career, Brodie tallied 2,500 career rushing yards with 37 touchdowns at Dacula High School under the guidance of coach Kevin Maloof. His 1,200 yards rushing as a junior broke a school record previously set by Auburn (Ala.) standout Kenny Irons. He also holds the school record for longest punt return at 95 yards.

Read More:
                http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5756
                a
                At the Combine he was listed at 171 lbs (not 195) and 4.47 with 31.5" vertical

Comment

This young man definetely sounds like a player. The next couple of years are going to be exciting as the full effect of 63 scholarships start to be felt. We've played really tough short-handed for the past years, now we'll start rollin!

Comment

Not bad considering he broke Kenny Irons record for yards in a season. Not bad company to be with.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Mr Brodie was at the football banquet this past Saturday on his visit. Coach Sarvis I believe was the coach involved in recruiting him. He stated that he was a recruit that "slipped thru the cracks" during the signing period. He was extremely excited about this young man. He may be good enough to play as a true freshman.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

This is the kind of explosive player who can turn a game quickly. Maybe this guy will be returning kicks next to JaRon next year.

Comment

He may be THE kick returner this next season......

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

FootballFan,
                            Any other information of interest at the Football banquet that you want to pass along? I know I always appreciate your insight.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                              He may be THE kick returner this next season......

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
                              That's what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                              X