WR for 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR for 2007

Obviously JaRon Harris will be the #1 option at wide out/flanker. However the depth chart gets a little coagulated after that. Doblar, Steffen? Does anybody know anything about Justin Mitchell? I see steffen and doblar more as slot backs, but I really don't know much about any of these guys or their talents.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: WR for 2007

Actually I been hearing from various sources Wags could be the big receiving target this year. I know from conversations with Stig he said Wags would definately be having a lot more receptions this year.

Comment

I guarantee he will be the biggest receiving target this year, that kids a horse!  

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
        Actually I been hearing from various sources Wags could be the big receiving target this year.  I know from conversations with Stig he said Wags would definately be having a lot more receptions this year.
        Understandable...but the question was about the receivers...anyone know who's their best options right now?

Comment

Yes, he'll be a top target at TE. I would be suprised if he leads the team in receptions. With our depth at tight end we might be passing alot out of double TE formations. It was always an effective play on Madden. ;D
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Harris is definetley our deep threat. I look for Steffen to step and and be one of our big play guys as well. He's a tall and tremendous athlete. Doblar is not real flashy, but has great hands. Justin Mitchell could be a dark horse production wise. I'm personally excited to see Paul Ananson (sp)? back healthy. He's not the biggest guy, but he's fearless and is a great kick/punt returner. Wags of course at TE won't be able to be covered with most linebackers, just ask UC Davis, TD.

Comment

Would love to see some quick slant patterns run this fall. I really don't think we have seen how fast JaRon really is. Remember he was also recruited out of high school as a sprinter. Also hope whoever wins the QB battle has the arm to get the ball out in front of JaRon for him to run under it.

Go Jacks !!!!!
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I thought this might be a position that we would go after a junior college player who can spread the field like JaRon. Coaches must be comfortable with what's in the stable.

Comment

I think we have alot of quality in our receievers. Several of them have great hands and are posession type guys.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                    Yes, he'll be a top target at TE.  I would be suprised if he leads the team in receptions.  With our depth at tight end we might be passing alot out of double TE formations.  It was always an effective play on Madden. ;D
                    See Jake Hines and Steve Heiden for ex-jacks who were a viable receiving threat (Steve led the team in yardage and receptions as a senior). Especially with a young QB, I think Wags will have a big season. The dump down to the TE may be a comfort throw to start the season.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                    X