Frain 6'0 195 Redshirt
    Domino 6'4 195 Redshirt
    Veskrna 6'0 200 Senior

New arrivals:

Ebke 6'1 190 Freshman
    Kool 6'3 225 Freshman
    Steffen 6'4 215 Freshman

Re: Linebackers in 2007

The linebacker corp will be very good this year. Kubesh is a big hitter who loves to mix it up. Hoogeveen is very solid, little undersized but can do the job. The other starter will be the one who works the hardest and earns it. Jimmy Rogers did a good job last yr, moving up from his DB position, he loves it hit, he is a possibility. Jackson and Johnson are also in the mix. Frain may be the darkhorse. I think the incoming Freshman will redshirt. I think with a good DL, we will be able to do a few things with the LB such as a little more blitzing and taking a few risks for the big plays.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
      The linebacker corp will be very good this year. Kubesh is a big hitter who loves to mix it up. Hoogeveen is very solid, little undersized but can do the job. The other starter will be the one who works the hardest and earns it. Jimmy Rogers did a good job last yr, moving up from his DB position, he loves it hit, he is a possibility. Jackson and Johnson are also in the mix. Frain may be the darkhorse. I think the incoming Freshman will redshirt. I think with a good DL, we will be able to do a few things with the LB such as a little more blitzing and taking a few risks for the big plays.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
      Sizer worries me a little bit. However, I have seen these guys hit and fill holes, I know they are more than capable. With the brutal schedule we have injuries are inevitable. I hope the additional scholarships allow for improved depth.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With the depth at DL, I wonder if Stig might move Ruey Dei back to linebacker. He could fill the middle pretty well. If looks were everything, this guy would be a first round draft pick. Hopefully Stig can find a place for him and get him some more playing time this year.

Comment

I don't think Ruey has it to play at this level. He is a great guy and well liked, but just doesn't quite have it.

Go Jacks !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
            I don't think Ruey has it to play at this level. He is a great guy and well liked, but just doesn't quite have it.

Go Jacks  !!!!!
            Perfect assesment. I don't expect him to see much of the playing field on gameday, never really did. Nice physical atributes but not a great head for the game is what I have been lead to understand. Plenty of other guys to think about before Ruey.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
              Hoogeveen 6'3 205 Senior (SAM)
              Kubesh 6'1 200 Senior (WILL)
              Jackson     6'2 210 Soph    (MIKE)
              or
              C. Johnson 6'2 225 Soph
              or
              Grimlie 6'1 218 Soph

Others in the mix:

Frain 6'0 195 Redshirt
              Domino 6'4 195 Redshirt
              Veskrna 6'0 200 Senior

New arrivals:

Ebke 6'1 190 Freshman
              Kool 6'3  225 Freshman
              Steffen 6'4 215 Freshman
              Where's the BEEF?

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Dan
                [quote author=JACKGUYII link=1172529449/0#0 date=1172529449]Hoogeveen 6'3 205 Senior (SAM)
                Kubesh 6'1 200 Senior (WILL)
                Jackson     6'2 210 Soph    (MIKE)
                or
                C. Johnson 6'2 225 Soph
                or
                Grimlie 6'1 218 Soph

Others in the mix:

Frain 6'0 195 Redshirt
                Domino 6'4 195 Redshirt
                Veskrna 6'0 200 Senior

New arrivals:

Ebke 6'1 190 Freshman
                Kool 6'3  225 Freshman
                Steffen 6'4 215 Freshman
                Where's the BEEF?
                [/quote]

These are weights from last year. I would assume the younger kids are significantly bigger.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Don't need alot of size when a player is tough and smart. I'd walk down a dark alley in the toughest neighborhood any day with Justin Kubesh. All while enjoying enjoying a beverage and never lifting a finger. I hear Jackson and Johnson are both at least 10 solid pounds heavier than last year.

Comment

I heard some players talking about the coaches may look at moving Jimmy Rogers to Sam and Andrew Hoogeveen to Will.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                      Don't need alot of size when a player is tough and smart.  I'd walk down a dark alley in the toughest neighborhood any day with Justin Kubesh. All while enjoying enjoying a beverage and never lifting a finger. I hear Jackson and Johnson are both at least 10 solid pounds heavier than last year.
                      I think I would be afraid of walking down the dark alley with kubesh even if he was on my side.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Justin is one of those kind of people that you love to have on a football team. He is totally fearless and will do anything that is asked of him. The DL loves having a guy behind them like him. He is a tough SOB. Off the field is a wonderful young man to be around. Very unlike this on field demeanor.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

[quote author=footballfan link=1172529449/0#11 date=1172673715]Justin is one of those kind of people that you love to have on a football team. He is totally fearless and will do anything that is asked of him. The DL loves having a guy behind them like him. He is a tough SOB. Off the field is a wonderful young man to be around. Very unlike this on field demeanor.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!![/quote
                          The Rec professor at SDSU in one of the rec leadership classes was talking about some of the activities we play like kickball and dodgeball, and about how Kubesh would even play those games with intensity he has never seen, Its like it was just a game in class but he was still playing for blood. You did not want to be on the reciving end against him in dodge ball for sure. Im expecting a big year from him next year.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                            Don't need alot of size when a player is tough and smart.  I'd walk down a dark alley in the toughest neighborhood any day with Justin Kubesh. All while enjoying enjoying a beverage and never lifting a finger. I hear Jackson and Johnson are both at least 10 solid pounds heavier than last year.
                            I don't know if Domino would be playing at all this next year but he's obviously got a chance if he's good enough...but I've seen him and I really doubt he's only 195 as well. He looks at least 15 pounds bigger than that

Comment

Domino is of the Hoogevean mold, minus a couple years in the weight room. He may be 210-220, but he is so tall it doesn't translate to alot of leverage. I expect Chris Johnson especially and maybe Isiaha Jackson both to be about 230- 245 for next year. Both duking it out for the Mike spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X