Gateway Decision this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway Decision this weekend?

Tony on Bisonville.com had a link to this article in the Fargo Forum by Kolpack saying the discussion would restart tomorrow on the XDSU's entrance into the Gateway.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=158099

I'll be watching for news throughout the next few days.

Re: Gateway Decision this weekend?

Maybe we start Monday with some good news.

Comment

Oh boy, not again.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
        Oh boy, not again.
        Pessimist. I want them to make a decision one way or another. Yes or no we have a clear direction and need to either continue with the GWFC or join the Gateway. I don't know if they can clearly understand that or not but I trust the Gene and Fred have made it pretty clear. The biggest advantage the Gateway has is the auto-bid. We can do without that if we have to.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After alot of excitement the last time, I won't be jumping up and down waiting for this one... Okay, I probably will, sure beats shoveling snow.

Comment

A positive Gateway Decision this week will get everyone thinking about the continued good things happening with the DI move. I'm really excited for the coming football season with a good team and schedule!  

Comment

I hope if you make it in the Gateway that your AD will remember how hard it was to schedule 7 OOC games each year and take pitty on Cal Poly when they are left to schedule 9 OOC games in 2008 and continue to put them on the schedule.

I have great respect for SDSU and I can not say that I am pulling for you to get into the Gateway, but if you do I wish you best. Both NDSU and SDSU have been an outstanding conference members and helped make the GWFC one of the top conferences in the FCS.

Comment

I would think that we would continue a relationship with the Cali schools. There is a lot of alumni in California, with a lot of money. It might be in our best interest to travel to California every other year for a football game. Same with Texas. If we get in the Gateway, we would have 8 conference games, and then could play 1 Texas team, play 1 Cali team, and try to play a BCS team.

I believe our University has nothing but respect for Davis and Poly.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Well the MVC basketball tourney is over, so I'm assuming that the discussion about adding the xDSU's has also been discussed. During the first meeting in mid-Feb., the xDSU's had requested that if we were going to be admitted into the Gateway, that the announcement be delayed a few days so they could discuss the issue with the GWFC.

I would think if the Gateway President's voted no, we would have heard about that decision by now. Also, if they decided to delay the vote again, we would have heard about that also by now.

If they voted and want to add us to the conference, then nothing would be made public. I am taking the lack of any news on conference expansion as good news.

Has anyone heard anything, or is the athletic department not commenting at this time. We have not heard anything from Terry V. on this topic either in the last few days.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Here is what Kolpack had to say about it over on the Bison Media Blog.

Also, a note to Gateway Football Conference shoppers: Nothing is going to happen this week.
                    I find it interesting that he didn't elaborate any more than that. Almost as if he is being ask to keep it low key for now. That is speculation on my part, but Im hopeful that we will hear good news soon.

Comment

Below is a link to an article in the Forum on Gateway membership.  It states that there should be a decision by the end of the week with an announcement of some kind next week.  We will see if that time line actually happens, but at least it is earlier than the June what was discussed some time ago as a possible decision date.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...5128452e1a4233

Comment

No news is good news :-?

Was that last weeks article or a new one stating that they will decide by the end of this week?

Comment

It is from today's edition of the Fargo Forum

Comment

That means we add a week to the waiting period :-[

Comment

I may be reading between the lines, or maybe just wishful thinking, but an announcement this week would have been difficult.  MVC men's tournament was this past Thursday through Sunday and the women's tournament is this coming Thursday through Sunday.  So the Gateway people would not have been at home to make an announcment.  In between, Fred and Gene Taylor are at the MidCon tournaments so they would not have been home this part of the week to make the announcement and even though I don't expect as much of a "show" as when the invitation to the MidCon came through, I think they would at least want to have some type of a press conference at SDSU and NSDU respectively.

Comment

Working...
                              X