Sept. 29 - Stephen F. Austin
    Oct. 6 - at Georgia Southern
    Oct. 13 - TBA
    Oct. 20 - Cal Poly
    Oct. 27 - at UC Davis
    Nov. 3 - at Central Arkansas
    Nov.10 - Southern Utah
    Nov. 17 - NDSU

Lots of good teams coming to CAS next year!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 2007 Schedule

Is it odd to anybody else that our conference schedule is still unbalanced in 2007 and beyond. With five teams it would seem that we should play two home and two away, yet we still have the 3 home and 1 away and vice versa schedule for the next three years. Is there any reason why this wouldn't be fixed?

Hopefully the great west adds a few more teams and the problem works itself out in the next couple years. Or, we find a different home for our conference football games...I like either option.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Thanks for posting these up here!!! 8-)

I'm hoping that that gets worked out and the '08 and beyond changes. Otherwise that is just not plain fair when competing for the Conference title.

Comment

My only guess is that they're planning on adding North Dakota to the GWFC to balance out the schedule.

Otherwise it's just a travesty to have such an unbalanced conference schedule, especially when the conference only has five teams. How hard is it to get on the phone and switch a couple of next year's conference games around?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I thought the reason for us traveling to ND two years in a row was to BALANCE the schedule? I guess not?

Comment

I think it is very likely that there will be some changes in the football conference prior to UND hitting the schedule.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
              I thought the reason for us traveling to ND two years in a row was to BALANCE the schedule?  I guess not?
              It was until UNC dropped out. One can only assume that the lack of changes at this point could mean the powers that be could be working on a fix, or waiting to see how the landscape will change.

Comment

That is a very nice looking schedule. As a Sioux fan, I'd be very excited to see those schools coming to Grand Forks for home games. Congratulations.

Comment

The last game is an away to Youngstown State. That ought to do it for 2007. Wow what a nice schedule!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21
                    Here's the 2007 schedule that was listed in this year's media guide:

Aug. 30 - at Western Illinois
                    Sept. 8 - TBA
                    Sept. 15 - Montana
                    Sept. 22 - Texas State
                    Sept. 29 - Stephen F. Austin
                    Oct. 6 - at Georgia Southern
                    Oct. 13 - TBA
                    Oct. 20 - Cal Poly
                    Oct. 27 - at UC Davis
                    Nov. 3 - at Central Arkansas
                    Nov.10 - Southern Utah
                    Nov. 17 - NDSU

Lots of good teams coming to CAS next year!
                    So, we add in Youngstown State as the 11th game.  5 on the road, 2 at Gateway schools.  6 homes games.  All 11 against top notch DIAA teams or conference opponents (sorry SUU).  Doesn't get any better than that.  I need to request no weekend call from August 30 to Novemeber 17th.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like we even could have a Hobo Day before the first snow fall. Maybe the SFA game?
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        The last game is an away to Youngstown State.  That ought to do it for 2007.  Wow what a nice schedule!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

Go State!  
                        89- Sept 8? or Oct. 13? Hope 9/8

That is indeed another top 25 caliber schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
                          Looks like we even could have a Hobo Day before the first snow fall. Maybe the SFA game?
                          I doubt that the athletic department wants a Hobo Day that early because interest and attendance for football drops dramatically after Hobo Day. Nov. 10 or Oct. 20 (pheasant opener) are likely the frontrunners.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                            [quote author=89rabbit link=1158777639/0#8 date=1161864978]The last game is an away to Youngstown State.  That ought to do it for 2007.  Wow what a nice schedule!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

Go State!  
                            89- Sept 8?  or Oct. 13?  Hope 9/8

That is indeed another top 25 caliber schedule. [/quote]

Sorry, I don't know the date.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                              [quote author=jacksfaninne link=1158777639/0#10 date=1161881385]Looks like we even could have a Hobo Day before the first snow fall. Maybe the SFA game?
                              I doubt that the athletic department wants a Hobo Day that early because interest and attendance for football drops dramatically after Hobo Day. Nov. 10 or Oct. 20 (pheasant opener) are likely the frontrunners.[/quote]

If you were the Athletic Department, looking at being able to draw 10,000+ to a late-season game, even in nasty weather (like last year's Hobo Day, for instance), why wouldn't you schedule Hobo Day late in the year?

Also, if SDSU was seriously contending for conference championships and playoff berths year-in and year-out, I think you would not see the late-season attendance drop-off be quite as dramatic as we've become used to over the years.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X