2007 Season Ticket Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Season Ticket Campaign

Now that basketball is in our rear view mirror I'm looking forward to the 2007 Football Season with a lot of optimism. I think we have a team that is very capable of having another good year and challenging for the GWFC Championship again. The schedule is outstanding with quality DIAA opponents and no NAIA or DII team coming to Coughlin. Is anyone planning on getting season tickets for the first time. Is the Athletic Department planning a major marketing campaign to promote the team and the schedule? Football is a sport that we can generate some major dollars. I don't think we have even begun to hit our attendence and revenue potential in this sport!  

Re: 2007 Season Ticket Campaign

This will be my first year for season tickets. I did contact the ticket office and season tickets will be available 4/15/07. Remember, this is a priority points realignment year, so good seats might be a little steep.

Comment

I plan on getting a few seats for the 1st time. I make all the games anyway.

The realignment shouldn't make the new seats any worse, it will just jostle around those that already have them. Even so, there are plenty of good seats to go around.

This would be the year to start a campaign with the schedule and recent sucess.

Thanks for the date update. I assume that is when the realignment will be complete and new customers will get their chance.

Comment

Remember, this is a priority points realignment year, so good seats might be a little steep.
        Can someone explain this one to me. I may be purchasing season tickets myself this year.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

From http://www.gojacks.com/

Priority Points

In 1992, South Dakota State Unviersity Athletics established a priority point system for basketball seat allocation. The goal of the system is to reward longtime supporters, as well as encourage new donors to support Jackrabbit student-athletes. During the 2007-08 athletic season we will reallocate seats for basketball, as well as integrate the same priority point system for football.

Below is information that explains how the allocation process will occur, the breakdown of how points are earned, a desription of how donations to Jackrabbit Athletics will benefit you in the seat allocation process, as well as a timeline.

For more information, contact the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 1-866-GO JACKS.

LIFETIME POINTS
          (Cumulative points that carry over each year)
          1. Lifetime Donations
          • 2 points awarded for every $100 contributed to the Jackrabbit/ACE Club
          2. Giving History
          • 2 points awarded for each year as a Jackrabbit/ACE Club member
          3. Season Tickets
          • 2 points awarded for each year as a Basketball and/or Football Season Ticket Holder
          4. Season Tickets
          • 1 point awarded for each year as a Volleyball and/or (starting in 2007-08) Wrestling season ticket holder
          5. Consecutive Years
          • 1 point awarded for each consecutive year as a donor to Jackrabbit/ACE club at a minimum of $100.00 (calendar year 2006)
          • 1 point awarded for each consecutive year as a Football season ticket holder (2006-07 athletic season)
          • 1 point awarded for each consecutive year as a Basketball season ticket holder (2006-07 athletic season)
          • 1/2 point awarded for each consecutive year as a Wrestling season ticket holder (2006-07 athletic season)
          • 1/2 point awarded for each consecutive year as a Volleyball season ticket holder (2006-07 athletic season)

ANNUAL POINTS
          (Determined Yearly)
          1. Annual Donations
          • 5 points awarded for every $100 contributed to the Jackrabbit/ACE Club in the current fund drive (Donations must be received between July 1, 2006 and June 15, 2007 to be included in Point Calculation)
          2. Fund Drive Worker
          • 2 points awarded for every $100 of new/lapsed donations and 1 point for every $100 of renewal donations secured for the Jackrabbit/ACE Club fund drive. (Donations must be received between February 1, 2007 and June 15, 2007)
          3. Online Renewals
          • 1 point awarded for each time a customer renews season tickets online (max of 4 points per year)
          • 2 points awarded when a customer/donor makes a donation online (max of 2 points per year)
          *A total of 6 points per year will be given to one customer

SEATING
          To purchase seats through the Football Priority Points allocation, the following MINIMUM donations will be required:
          • Sections F & G: $100 donation per seat
          • Sections E & H: $50 donation per seat

To purchase seats through the Basketball Priority Points allocation, the following MINIMUM donations will be required:
          • Courtside: $200 donation per seat
          • Lower Level Seating: $100 donation per seat
          • Upper Level Seating: $50 donation for the first two seats, $50 for each additional
          The maximum number of basketball season tickets one customer may purchase through the benefit of priority point allocation is six (6).  
          Follow Home Page > Athletics > Ticket Information > Priority Points  for more info...
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Starks03
            This will be my first year for season tickets.  I did contact the ticket office and season tickets will be available 4/15/07.  Remember, this is a priority points realignment year, so good seats might be a little steep.  

so what do you mean by, good seats might be a little steep? this will be my 3rd yr of buying season tickets. i was totally confused by the points thing. all i want to do is get season tickets and watch some football.

Comment

How much are season tickets?

Comment

$100 for 6 home games...

Comment

So if I want 4 tickets it will be $400 no matter what, but my points determine what sort of tickets I am able to aquire? Maybe I should call someone
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Your points determine in what order you get to pick your seats. The more you give during a 3-year period the earlier you get to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                      So if I want 4 tickets it will be $400 no matter what, but my points determine what sort of tickets I am able to aquire?  Maybe I should call someone
                      $400 for the season tickets. There is also a minimum donation requirement per seat depending on which section you would like to be in. So if you want Section F or G, it would be an additional $400 donation to the Jackrabbit club (assuming you have not already contributed, or have not pledged something for this year). If you currently contribute to the JRC, your total donation would have to equal $400 for the year.

Football is way different than basketball in the sense that for viewing football games some fans prefer to be closer to the field while others prefer to sit higher up. So getting a decent seat for a first time season ticket buyer isn't really an impossibility. What the priority points system does for football is really ensures that those top point people keep their seats (because most of them are already season ticket holders). A few people will want to move into a different location, but I can't imagine it's nearly as cut-throat as the basketball allocation has been.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

That's 16.67 a game is that the same or up from last year?

Comment

If you donate to SDSU athletics and get a season ticket with seat selection affected by the fact you donated, then a certain percentage of your donation is not deductible.  Isn't that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                            If you donate to SDSU athletics and get a season ticket with seat selection affected by the fact you donated, then a certain percentage of your donation is not deductible.  Isn't that correct?
                            Yes, this is true. You would only be able to deduct 80% of the donation. But it is going to a great cause. Scholarship opportunities for student athletes.

Comment

Yes the 80% deductible was based on a IRS ruling for the NCAA membership. I dont agree with what appears to me as an arbritary percent that determines the amount of value received by the donor. It follows that the donor gets roughly 20 per cent of value for making the donation. The value is the preferred parking and seating, news letters and maybe a free dish of ice cream at SDSU or a chance to meet the coaches in a tent after the game.

If a person gives $100,000, how does an athletic department give that person $20,000 in value? They have to take them on road trips free of charge etc. My opinion is not one size fits all and is not workable in all situations. I think a more workable solution would be for each institution to build their own model of value to match the level of the contribution and then inform the donor what is deductible. SDSU Foundation is very up on this issue and when you do donate, they disclose what amount that is deductible (80%) on each receipt.

Every member of the NCAA is obligated to repect his ruling so I dont see any big changes in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                              X