Joey Abell's Boxing Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Abell's Boxing Career

Good to see that things are working out Joey.

If I am ever in the postition to start my own "posse", he is the first person on my list!!!!

http://www.startribune.com/503/story/993574.html

Re: Joey Abell's Boxing Career

rabbit_tracks....

Trust me....you already have your own posse!

Comment

Charley Walters from the St. Paul Pioneer Press often gives Abell updates in his regular sports column. Check it out at http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...arley_walters/

It's good to see another former Jackrabbit succeed in the sporting scene.

Comment

I watched Joey box last month at the Target Center. He's a beast.

Comment

I'm jealous you got to see Joe fight. I haven't seen the guy in a few years. Here's a link I found with some pics. Good luck Joey!

http://www.saddoboxing.com/3532-ring...ark-brown.html

Comment

FYI, there's a chance we'll be able to see Joey fight on ESPN's Wednesday night fights on April 25. Not sure who his opponent is yet though...

Comment

just wanted to make a note that Joey Abell is scheduled to fight tonight on ESPN2 wednesday night fights. Thought some people might want to watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467
                just wanted to make a note that Joey Abell is scheduled to fight tonight on ESPN2 wednesday night fights.  Thought some people might want to watch the fight.

I think I missed the fight. Did anybody see it?
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

It was not on. The Headliner (Jason Litzau) is on now.

Comment

sorry, everything i read said that Joey was going to be fighting tonight. I am dissapointed he wasnt on, and sorry I wasted everyones time.

Comment

He was slated for the "swing" fight, whatever that means. Less than 2 weeks ago that hadn't found him an decent opponent and it sounded like they probably wouldn't. I'm guessing if they couldn't have found somebody 1/2 the fighter of Joey, he would have been on. It won't be long and we'll get a chance to see him fight on TV.

Comment

he deserves it, from what i have seen he is d**n tough and i cant wait to see him facing some good comp on tv.

Comment

Anyone know when Joe is due to fight again? I made the plunge and switched to DirecTV after Christmas so I have free HBO and Showtime till March. Hopefully Joe fights during that time so I can see him.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Congrats on the plunge EQ guy! Enjoy those channels while they last.

I'd say the odds of Joey fighting on HBO are slim to none.. "Friday Night Fights" is usually reserved for the larger bouts.

By the way, check out Taxicab Confessions after the little tikes go to bed, its very entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                              Anyone know when Joe is due to fight again? I made the plunge and switched to DirecTV after Christmas so I have free HBO and Showtime till March. Hopefully Joe fights during that time so I can see him.
                              He's scheduled to fight in March at the Gramham Arena in Rochester, MN. His last fight was in November against Teke Oruh who was 14-0 (it was on Showtime). Joey went the distance against him and Joey won by major decision. It's the first time Joey hasn't won by KO. Teke was the WBC Continental title holder coming into this fight. Joey was a late replacement for another guy so I'm not sure if he actually got to keep the title. If Joey continues to fight the way he has and get some tougher foes to step up against him he'll be on the tube again sooner rather than later. Joey is 18-1.

Here's a short article regarding the fight. http://www.kocorner.com/boxing/entry...ns-undefeated/

There's another MN boxer (Litzau) that's been on TV a few times and that can only help Joey's chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X