Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Recruits

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...05/1002/SPORTS

Remember the name Nathan Mahone from Brandon who is a Junior running back at Brandon and putting up some big numbers. I wonder if he is any relation to former Jack basketball standout Cerci?

Re: 2007 Recruits

Has anyone seen the Mahone kid from Brandon play? It's my understanding he transferred from West River. Trying to get a sense who are potential DIAA players out of South Dakota in 2006/2007.

Comment

2007 recruits

I heard that the right side of the Aberdeen Central Golden Eagles offensive line is being recruited, their names are Keith Mayer rg, and Jordan Foster rt. And also that they are recruiting Brad Iverson qb, from roosvelt.

Comment

Safe to say Jake Steffan of Stickney/Mt Vernon will be #1 recruit in South Dakota next year. His Coach (Myron Steffen said "he may the best of the 3 DI players I've had in the last seven years". Not bad company when you consider his brother is at SDSU and Chad Greenway just wrapped up his final season at Iowa and will most likely be a top pick in the NFL draft. At 6'4 200 he is being looked at by a lot of DI programs.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
          Safe to say Jake Steffan of Stickney/Mt Vernon will be  #1 recruit in South Dakota next year. His Coach (Myron Steffen said "he may the best of the 3 DI players I've had in the last seven years". Not bad company when you consider his brother is at SDSU and Chad Greenway just wrapped up his final season at Iowa and will most likely be a top pick in the NFL draft. At 6'4 200 he is being looked at by a lot of DI programs.
          I believe he is projected as a TE or possibly a linebacker. Doesn't have the speed of his older brother, but is more physical. I think Iowa is leading the charge for him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
            Has anyone seen the Mahone kid from Brandon play? It's my understanding he transferred from West River. Trying to get a sense who are potential DIAA players out of South Dakota in 2006/2007.

I played against him in our homecoming game, he didnt really do too much. we shut them out 28-0. thats all i know on mahone.

Comment

The Mahone kid from Brandon Valley is no relation to Cerci Mahone who played b-ball for the Jacks.

Comment

Jacks showing interest in 6'6 230lb Fairfield Iowa athlete Woody Orne. He prefers to play college football, but also will have options in Basketball. Iowa,Iowa State,UNI and Wyoming all in contact with Orne. He is considering a one day football camp at SDSU. Also receiving interest from Lehigh for Basketball.

Comment

Jacks showing interest in Cedar Rapids Jefferson lineman Kaleb Admire. He is going to a lineman camp at UNI. Lot's of DIAA schools looking at Admire.

Comment

Some South Dakota Players who are getting DI looks:

Alan Schmatz 6'2 185 WR 4.63 40 35 inch vertical RC Central. He is hearing from SDSU,Wyoming,Nebraska,Iowa,Kansas State,Harvard,Yale. He had 64 receptions and over a 1000 yards.

Charles DeMers 6'0 170 4.45 40 Rec/Back Winner
                    Was one of the fastest sprinters in the state

Curt Truhe 5'11 195 4.7 40 Fullback 1300 yards and 74 tackles. SDSU and NDSU persuing, but may walk-on at Nebraska

Jake Steffan of Mt.Vernon and Tyrel Kool of Yankton will also be getting some attention.

Some Sioux Falls Metro Players who will should get college consideration for football:

Dale Moss 6'4 Receiver-Brandon (Jacks may be looking at him for basketball)
                    Jordan Lakotas-QB Washington
                    Nate Mahone-RB Brandon
                    Sam Holsen-WR Washington

Comment

Jacks looking at a couple of recruits from Southern Cal Iowa.

Gavin Crandall-Quarterback He has indicated in a interview that SDSU is recruiting me hard and calling as much as they can. UNi has indicated to him he is in their top 20. St Cloud,USD,Wartburg also persuing.

John Blessington- 6'4 225 TE LB

Comment

Jacks are showing interest in Sun Prairie Wisconsin's Chad Henning a 6'6 332 lb lineman. He is being looked at by a number of DIA schools but has yet to secure an offer. He is listed as the #10 recruit in the state of Wisconsin by Rivals. His strengths include his pass blocking (did not allow a sack in 05) and his protypical size. Needs to improve technique and footwork and run blocking. If the big schools decide to pass on him he may fall to a DIAA program.

Comment

Jacks are persuing Josh Lorenson 6'3 230 lb lineman from Cedar Rapids Xavier. Attended four camps Western Illinois, Iowa State, Ill State and SDSU. Schools persuing him the hardest are SDSU, Ill State and St Cloud. His top two schools are SDSU and Iowa State. He is quoted "I have had good talks with the coaches from SDSU. "It sounds like they are working hard and I like the coaching staff".

It seems we continue to hear recruits cite the coaching staffs as their primary reason for considering SDSU.

Comment

I have always stated that our coaching staff does not take a back seat to any one. They are a group of hard working and smart guys and I am very proud that they are our coaches. All you have to do is ask any pf the players and they will tell you the same thing. It makes recruiting a lot easier.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

For those interested Iowa Preps is reporting Fairfield Iowa's Dirk Kool is hearing from Iowa, Iowa State and SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X