KELO broadcasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KELO broadcasts?

Remember back last fall, when the argus reported that KELO was in negotiations to broadcast SDSU football games?

Any word on that?

Progress of any sort?

I know the "new" conference has a contract with the America Channel.

Will KELO or someone else be able to tap into America Channel coverage?

I'm just sitting here wondering.

Re: KELO broadcasts?

With the America's Channel having contracts with the Summit League, Gateway and Great West the KELO deal has been scrapped.
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Here is a story that the Argus ran on May 15th. I think it is still the latest news on this subject.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...35/1002/SPORTS

SDSU backing off KELO TV deal
      Jackrabbits exploring options with their new conference

By Terry Vandrovec
      tvandrovec@argusleader.com
      Published: May 15, 2007

South Dakota State has backed off in its pursuit of a 25-game local television package with Young Broadcasting and KELO, but visual broadcasts of the school's games may - may - wind up more widespread than ever.

In 2007-08, the Jackrabbits will begin play in the Mid-Continent Conference in most sports, while the football team kicks off its final season in the Great West Football Conference before jumping to the Gateway Football Conference the following fall. All three of those leagues recently signed television contracts with The America Channel, a sports and lifestyle network set to debut this fall.

Also, the Mid-Con will begin live Web streaming in men's and women's basketball this season, according to commissioner Tom Douple.

All of those agreements came to fruition after SDSU had begun looking into a contract with KELO.

"We're still talking on a limited basis, but not the full model" for 2007-08, Jacks athletic director Fred Oien said. The new conference contracts "changed what we were able to do. We weren't sure whether we could meet out full commitment in the contract." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Terry V. was on one of the local radio shows accouple of weeks ago and he said that there is still a chance that 1 or 2 football games and 3-4 mens or womens basketball games could still be broadcasted but SDSU has backed off of a large agreement until they know more about the conference television deal.

Comment

That's really too bad for me if KELO would not get the deal. I've been waiting for a long time for some station to start showing local college games on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute
            That's really too bad for me if KELO would not get the deal.  I've been waiting for a long time for some station to start showing local college games on a regular basis.
            Your wait is over. KELO has signed a contract with Augie. 2 football games and 3 basketball doubleheaders.

Comment

Here is Terry's Video Blog on this topic:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/up...videoblog2.mov

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                [quote author=Dwight Schrute link=1182288398/0#4 date=1182297613]That's really too bad for me if KELO would not get the deal.  I've been waiting for a long time for some station to start showing local college games on a regular basis.
                Your wait is over. KELO has signed a contract with Augie. 2 football games and 3 basketball doubleheaders.[/quote]

Not really, but it's a start. What the heck is UTV?? I don't think I get that in Minnesota even though we get KELO.

Comment

Working...
                X