Football Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Coaches

The Jacks seem a little light on full time coaches as compared to other schools. I know unpaid graduate assistants sometime make it appear there are more coaches than there are. It appears NDSU has 8 paid staff and SDSU 7. Does anyone else know how we stack up, what is the plan if we are short and is there a FCS or Gateway minimum like in Basketball?  

Re: Football Coaches

Not an answer to your question, but Secondary/Sp Teams Coach Josh Conklin has resigned and taken a job at Wofford University in South Carolina. I believe they are also FCS. Conklin is a great coach and it will be tough to find a quality replacement this late in the process.

Comment

SD-STATE said: "...Secondary/Sp Teams Coach Josh Conklin has resigned and taken a job at Wofford University in South Carolina. I believe they are also FCS...."

That's poor timing! Coach Stig will have to scramble to replace him.

Wofford College is DI including FCS in football and is located in Spartanburg, SC. They are a very good FCS football team ranked #5 preseason in one ranking service. Link to Wofford's football site: http://www.wofford.edu/athletics/football/

Comment

No the timing makes it difficult but not impossible. I suspect there is somewhere a list of people exist that have indicated that they would like to be considered the next time a opening occurs. Losing one coach can't help but probably will not hurt either.

Comment

Working...
        X