Dakota Marker game on FSN  .  .  .  may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Marker game on FSN  .  .  .  may

Over on the Bison board they are talking about our game with them being on FSN.  Since the Dakota Marker game is back at our house (finally), I assume that FSN would be working on the deal with us.  Anybody hear anything about this from our side?

Go State!  

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . maybe

I'm not trying to start the discussion all over again, we already have a thread on it here, but IF this game is gets on FSN North the PRIDE better be there. I know McKinney hates playing in November, but to not have the band play because it MIGHT be cold is not a good enough excuse if this game ends up on TV. Thou I would assume that if it's on FSN then the PRIDE will be there, maybe not doing their halftime show but atleast in the stands.
    Go State! Go State!

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN *. *. *. *may

And a hell of a lot more people get FSN North than CSTV!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I just sent T.V. a post on his blog in the Argus with this question. I'm hoping he knows something. They seem to be fairly sure it's going to happen over there in Bisonville. This would be HUGE!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . . may

Well Terry V posted this:

1. tvandrovec Says:
            August 14th, 2007 at 2:10 pm
            I have been told - today - that it is not a done deal. But talks continue.
          Thanks for the update Terry. Keep up the good work.
          Go State! Go State!

Comment

Sounds like this has close to zero possibility of happening now.

I would think that the increased exposure would more than offset a possible decrease in attendance, but it sounds like your AD doesn't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy View Post
              Sounds like this has close to zero possibility of happening now.

I would think that the increased exposure would more than offset a possible decrease in attendance, but it sounds like your AD doesn't agree.
              And where does it say that our AD doesn't agree???

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                And where does it say that our AD doesn't agree???
                Representatives from FSN on Fargo radio. Also, at least one conversation between a Bison fan and an employee of FSN. Apparently all SDSU had to do was sign the contract, but they balked at the possible loss of attendance. What's really sad is there was a chance this game could've been nationally televised. FSN has decided to put the NDSU/SFA game on Fox College Sports(Pacific), as well as FSN-North(MN). Maybe the same would've been done for the Dakota Marker game. Now it looks like we may never know; employees of FSN have said that they're tired of waiting and are about to pull the offer, if they haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                  Representatives from FSN on Fargo radio. Also, at least one conversation between a Bison fan and an employee of FSN. Apparently all SDSU had to do was sign the contract, but they balked at the possible loss of attendance. What's really sad is there was a chance this game could've been nationally televised. FSN has decided to put the NDSU/SFA game on Fox College Sports(Pacific), as well as FSN-North(MN). Maybe the same would've been done for the Dakota Marker game. Now it looks like we may never know; employees of FSN have said that they're tired of waiting and are about to pull the offer, if they haven't already.
                  I hope this isn't true because it would be a huge mistake on the part of the SDSU AD. FSN can reach 2.1 million homes and getting exposure like that will do so many things for our two schools and the rivalry.

Comment

I have had several discussions with a FSN employee. The latest was on Saturday and the word is that it is not looking good at this point to have this game on FSN.

My thoughts are with the new Big Ten Network and the current App State/Michigan upset that FSN wants to be televising more FCS games...Isn't this one reason why both NDSU and SDSU moved up to DI was to get more exposure? Unless, NDSU has a down year I think Bison fans will help sell out your stadium either way.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                      I have had several discussions with a FSN employee. The latest was on Saturday and the word is that it is not looking good at this point to have this game on FSN.

My thoughts are with the new Big Ten Network and the current App State/Michigan upset that FSN wants to be televising more FCS games...Isn't this one reason why both NDSU and SDSU moved up to DI was to get more exposure? Unless, NDSU has a down year I think Bison fans will help sell out your stadium either way.
                      I agree with TCBison on this one. I think this would be a great opportunity to get some exposure for the XDSU's in FSN North area.
                      “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . . may

If it's true that SDSU has torpedoed the Marker game on FSN, then . . . (well, fill in the blank).

Let's just say I hope that this turns out not to be true, and the game gets on FSN.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe a few friendly emails/phone calls might help?

Something stating how you feel that television coverage would help SDSU.

As Hammersmith stated, the NDSU/SFA game will also be broadcast on Fox College Sports Pacific, which the Dakota Marker game would also have a good chance at.

I can't find any current numbers, but as of 2004, the Fox College Sports networks were available in over 20 Million homes.

Comment

I just wanted to bring up one point (being remote from the Dakotas) the last time the game was in Brookings it was the Alumni Satellite game for NDSU/SDSU and was broadcast all over the Nation. However, when the game was in Fargo the past two years it was not (NDSU choose to broadcast other games instead). Something for our Bison friends to think about before they get all "holier then thou".

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                              I just wanted to bring up one point (being remote from the Dakotas) the last time the game was in Brookings it was the Alumni Satellite game for NDSU/SDSU and was broadcast all over the Nation. However, when the game was in Fargo the past two years it was not (NDSU choose to broadcast other games instead). Something for our Bison friends to think about before they get all "holier then thou".

Go State!
                              That was actually WDAY's(ABC) decision not NDSU's. They were very tight with showing NDSU games and spending money on it. I'm sure picking up the Comcast feed of UCD game was thought of as being a cheap and easy game to televise. The other game was the return of ex coach Rocky Hager, I'm sure with that game WDAY stretched their limit of games they would air. This year three Bison home games will be on TV, thanks to KVLY(NBC) taking over the TV part of our media contract and also Fox Sports North stepping up and deciding to show a game as well.
                              Last edited by FargoBison; 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X