Marshall Newspaper article on Kyle Minett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Newspaper article on Kyle Minett

I hope this kid wins the starting job, he is hardworking and will do a great job this season.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/s...rticleID=14573

Waiting his turn

By Wayne Cook

Independent photo
    Kyle Minett, shown running during an RTR game during his high school football career, will begin his second fall camp with the Division I South Dakota State football team starting today.

Kyle Minett’s dream was always to play Division-I football.

He was recruited by the Minnesota Gophers, and he’s landed at South Dakota State in Brookings.

Starting this weekend, Minett starts living out that lifelong dream.

He’s one of more than 100 players expected to report to fall camp today for the Jackrabbits.

The first day of drills start Saturday.

Minett is merely a redshirt freshman (sitting out last season), but he’s beaming with confidence.

A Russell-Tyler-Ruthton graduate, he is one of the top running back prospects at SDSU.

For a freshman, it usually means waiting your turn.

“Yes, in some ways,” Minett said. “I plan on being on the field this year.”

Minett is a prized recruit for the Jackrabbits following a brilliant high school career at RTR.

He rushed for 6,176 yards (second all-time in state history) and 76 touchdowns in his career in being selected as a two-time Independent Player of the Year.

This fall, Minett is competing for a job at running back.  .  .  .  (read more)

Re: Marshall Newspaper article on Kyle Minett

A very interesting article. Lets hope Kyle will contribute this season. He sounds like he is ready.

Comment

Working...
    X