2007 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Roster

I did a breakdown of recruits by state for a thread on anygivensaturday.com, just thought I'd post it here as well.  Pretty interesting how many more states we have added freshman and sophomore recruits from.  Starting to break away from strictly midwest states for players now.

South Dakota 22
    Matt Anderson SR
    Chris Doblar SR
    Trevor Hohn SR
    Justin Horn SR
    Tyler Koch SR
    Dusty LeBrun SR
    Chris Wagner SR
    Ryan Berry JR
    Adam Fritz JR
    Scott Gillen JR
    Jaron Harris JR
    Nash Simet JR
    Jordan Paula SO
    Mike Steffen SO
    Tyler Duffy rFR
    Matt Hylland rFR
    Konrad Kjerstad rFR
    Ryan McKnight rFR
    Antonio Thompson rFR
    Casey Elshere FR
    Brad Iverson FR
    Jake Steffen FR

Iowa 18
    Paul Aanonson SR
    Brock Gentile SR
    Andrew Hoogeveen SR
    Cory Koenig SR
    Brock Campbell JR
    Luke Greving JR
    Jason Nobiling JR
    Glen Fox SO
    Chris Johnson SO
    Nate Koskovich SO
    Brian Fischer rFR
    Austin Frain rFR
    Peter Reifenrath rFR
    Erich Feller FR
    John Kirwan FR
    Dirk Kool FR
    Woody Orne FR
    Teddy Shonka FR

Minnesota 17
    Reed Burckhardt SR
    Mitch Erickson SR
    Justin Kubesh SR
    Mitch Pontrelli SR
    Kevin Robling JR
    Eric Schroeder JR
    Nick Van Wyhe JR
    Casey Knips SO
    Kyle Sheehan SO
    Ben Aaseth rFR
    Derek Domino rFR
    Corey Jeske rFR
    Kyle Minett rFR
    Dean Priddy rFR
    Zach Buchner FR
    Dominique Clare FR
    Sam Kavanagh FR

Nebraska 13
    Preston Crumly SR
    Parker Douglass SR
    Luke Witte SR
    Nick Flesner JR
    Ruey Dei JR
    Steven Bazata SO
    Casey Bender SO
    Jacob Ludemann SO
    Adam Monke SO
    Evan Skiles SO
    Jared Crumly rFR
    Jim Ebke FR
    Nolan Johnson FR

Arizona 5
    Danny Batten SO
    Ryan Crawfor SO
    Britton Gouch SO
    Isaiah Jachson SO
    Jimmy Rogers SO

Wisconsin 5
    Alex Beyer rFR
    Colin Cochart fFR
    Stefan Geissler rFR
    Justin Mitchell rFR
    Brian Luedtke FR

Texas 5
    Jordan Miranda SO
    Ross Basham rFR
    James Britt FR
    Anthony Wise FR
    Eric Wood FR

California 2
    Jason Bonwell SR
    Joseph Blackman SO

Georgia 1
    Cole Brodie FR

Illinois 1
    Austin Lalich FR

Kansas 1
    Brandon Gant FR

Missouri 1
    Rodkem Mathews FR

Wyoming 1
    Steven Gray rFR

Re: 2007 Roster

Read the media guide and apparently Kyle Sheehan was granted a medical hardship, says he will be considered a red-shirt freshman this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
      Read the media guide and apparently Kyle Sheehan was granted a medical hardship, says he will be considered a red-shirt freshman this year.
      Kyle is now out for the season with an injury I believe.

Comment

Most of the individual pictures are up including the first year players.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue
          [quote author=Jacks02 link=1186372319/0#1 date=1186546649]Read the media guide and apparently Kyle Sheehan was granted a medical hardship, says he will be considered a red-shirt freshman this year.
          Kyle is now out for the season with an injury I believe.[/quote]

I also heard that Kyle tore his pec muscle and will be out this year. Good thing D-Line is pretty deep.

Comment

You are correct on Kyle being out for the season, he will have to have surgury to repair the torn pec muscle.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
              You are correct on Kyle being out for the season, he will have to have surgury to repair the torn pec muscle.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
              Best of luck to Kyle. I hope he can recover and contribute to the program off the field this year and back on the field in future years.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Ruey Dei has left the football program. Tranfering to UNO. Ruey is a great guy, but just did not have want it takes to play at this level. Best wishes to Ruey......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Ruey Dei has left the football program. Tranfering to UNO. Ruey is a great guy, but just did not have want it takes to play at this level. Best wishes to Ruey......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                  I think Ruey is from Omaha so it would make sense if he is transferring back there for school, also wouldn't have to sit out because dropping a division. I see he is already removed from the roster on gojacks.com. He may have seen the writing on the wall with some of the younger guys getting playing time ahead of him.

Hopefully things work out well for him at UNO, I wish him the best of luck!

Comment

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                    I had always thought his height would be a great asset on D against an aggressive passing game, but no doubt there are other abilities that are needed to go with the height. I too wish Ruey the best at UNO.

The other side of the coin is that with younger kids getting more playing time, it tells us that the quality of recruits have improved in the last three years. If a RS freshman can bump a Junior or Senior, then I think its reasonable to conclude that the quality of talent has improved.

Comment

From talking with Kyle it sounds as if he will still have 4 years left. Not quite sure how as I thought he was a redshirt freshman this year after an injury last year.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                        From talking with Kyle it sounds as if he will still have 4 years left. Not quite sure how as I thought he was a redshirt freshman this year after an injury last year.
                        Maybe someone closer to the action there can figure out if this is correct. I'm with bhm as I would have though he lost last year.

Not to be a pessimist (OK, I am), but the start to Sheehan's career doesn't give me the best of hope that he'll be any sort of solid contributor in his career. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen plenty of guys with talent and hype get hurt early in their career and never fully recover. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

The best way to describe it is, its really unclear (imagine that from the NCAA).

Here is what I think the rule is, put very simply mind you, my understanding doesn't go any farther than that:

In Div I a player has 5 years from their first year to complete their eligibility. There is some kind of ruling available that if a player is out at least 2 years with injury they can apply during their 5th year for an extra year. There is no guarantee that they will receive the extra year but they can at least try. I would guess that Kyle would fall into that ruling.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Terry has some info from camp in his latest blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Go State!

Comment

This link has the full photos of this year's teams.

https://www.pec-sports.com/EventImages.aspx?eid=100

Comment

Working...
                              X